Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Model Railroading > Mounting a building on a layout

Date: 07/18/19 07:14
Mounting a building on a layout
Author: JeffZCT

How do you mount your buildings on your layout...??? Do you place them on a seperate mount prior to putting them on the layout....glue them down...... looking for suggestions
Thanks

Date: 07/18/19 11:00
Re: Mounting a building on a layout
Author: HB90MACH

Mine sit on modular property.  With the modualnedges being the property line.  The moduals are just set on the layout. That way they can be moved for maintenance as need be

Wolfie

Date: 07/18/19 11:34
Author: SPDRGWfan

Gravity

Date: 07/18/19 12:35
Author: pmirick

If the building does not have a floor, I attach small blocks of wood to the layout that match the interior walls or foundation of the building.  These blocks will hold the building in the desired position.  I than put tape on the layout along the edge of the blocks, place the building in position, trim the tape along the edge of the building (can trace the edge of the building, remove building and trim) and remove tape that is on the outside of the building foundation.  I than do scenery around the outside of the building location.  Once satisfied with my scenery I remove the tape.  The result is scenery which is right up to the edge of the building (but not under the building foundation) and it doesn’t look like the building is set on top of the scenery.  Building is easy to remove for repair, modification or cleaning.  The blocks form a key to hold the building in place and to accurately reinstall the building on the layout.

Date: 07/18/19 15:04
Author: wjpyper

I don't "mount" them. I just set them in place so that they can be easily moved.
Bill Pyper
Salem, Oregon

Date: 07/18/19 18:11
Author: MojaveBill

Amen!!

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds