Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Model Railroading > Walthers 60' VTTX Container Flatcar

Date: 07/23/19 21:44
Walthers 60' VTTX Container Flatcar
Author: funnelfan

Finally finished my VTTX 60' container flatcar. This is the recent Walthers model with a number of extra details including cut levers, air brake hoses and brake gear. This car is from the first batch of cars that came out in March. The second batch of cars came out a couple weeks ago and sold out right away. Since then they've been going for big money on E-bay. I saw one sell for $102. They are nice cars, wish I had bought a second one now.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 07/23/19 21:50
Re: Walthers 60' VTTX Container Flatcar
Author: bnsfsd70

Looks good!

- Jeff Carlson

Date: 07/24/19 05:18
Author: grandeguy

Nice work..........................those things flashed by me. Hopefully Walthers will run them again.

Dave Dane

Date: 07/24/19 08:16
Author: SPDRGWfan

grandeguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice work..........................those things
> flashed by me. Hopefully Walthers will run them
> again.
>
>
>                          
>       Dave Dane

You and many others!  The VTTX is too new for me but I'd like to have gotten the MTTX - also poofed away too fast!

Date: 07/24/19 09:10
Author: toledopatch

I'm hoping a future run will include the VTTX in 1980s-appropriate Trailer Train yellow with "TRAILER TRAIN" spelled out.

Date: 07/24/19 09:18
Author: TCnR

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm hoping a future run will include the VTTX in
> 1980s-appropriate Trailer Train yellow with
> "TRAILER TRAIN" spelled out.

Good catch, I missed this whole release but now I can see the later TTX logo on FunnelFan's photograph. Didn't notice the reporting marks but did see these on WP and SP trains back in the day, well before the double stack or articulated spine car became prevalent. Being a WP train would indicate the older TTX lettering. Have to run over to the MFCL site and see what they have to say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/19 10:12 by TCnR.

Date: 07/24/19 19:34
Author: atsf121

Looking good

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/29/19 11:27
Author: CSX602

I think the VTTX cars look great with a 20' container on each end (an option using the other container pad insert) and the center part open so the see-through detailing of the car is visible...  The car can be backdated using Trailer Train decals and a 1987 ORER I have shows several 60' VTTX cars listed - so they can be used in the 1980s...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/19 11:28 by CSX602.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0406 seconds