Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Model Railroading > HighTech Details

Date: 09/11/19 09:59
HighTech Details
Author: JDRumley

Anyone know what's up with this outfit. Everyone seems to be out of stock on their detail parts.

Date: 09/11/19 10:10
Re: HighTech Details
Author: PHall

Have you contacted them?

Date: 09/11/19 10:45
Author: ghemr

Exactly what are you looking for? Des Plaines Hobby shows 66 different parts in stock and their inventory is quite accurate....

Date: 09/11/19 11:04
Author: Grand87

and you can purchase directly from High Tech

OB

Date: 09/11/19 11:21
Author: JDRumley

Mainly looking for antenna domes. I usually order from Walthers direct, but everything seems to be on backorder from most manufacturers. I'll try a direct order.

Date: 09/11/19 13:36
Author: PHall

Walthers does not seem to order much, if anything from smaller manufacturers.
Stuff that has been Out Of Stock for ages is available direct from the manufacturer. Stuff like Hi-Tech Details, Cannon & Co and Details West.

Date: 09/11/19 14:57
Author: Betsy

JDRumley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone know what's up with this outfit. Everyone
> seems to be out of stock on their detail parts.

Hi-Tech Details is owned by Jimmy Booth and the folks who run P-B-L.  You can order direct from the web site, or call.  They're great people, and very helpful.

Elizabeth

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/19 18:22 by Betsy.

Date: 09/11/19 20:49
Author: mrl250

I just ordered a bunch of parts directly from their website and I got them quickly.
Glenn Hoover

Date: 09/12/19 08:41
Author: dh30973

As I have noted before, the problem is not necessarily the manufacturer, but it is the hobby shop that either doesn’t order from the distributor either because they are behind on their bill or think the parts are out of stock. The distributor doesn’t order because they don’t want to carry the inventory unless they can sell it through. 
Cannon is a part time semi retired one person operation. Assume you go to your shop and ask them to order the parts. Assume they place the order within a week. I get an order every two weeks from Walthers, they request the order in two weeks. Inevitably I need to make something so I usually ship by their request date. Add a week for shipping and receiving, and another week for them to ship to the shop. So as you can see it can take 6-8 weeks to get back in stock in the shop. Meanwhile you think we are out of business. 
Ordering direct can cut that time, but in my case depending on inventory and work schedule I can usually ship within a few days unless I have to make the parts.

Dave Hussey 
Cannon and Company 

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Walthers does not seem to order much, if anything
> from smaller manufacturers.
> Stuff that has been Out Of Stock for ages is
> available direct from the manufacturer. Stuff like
> Hi-Tech Details, Cannon & Co and Details West.

Date: 09/13/19 10:49
Author: original

Both Cannon and Hi-Tech Details in stock at The Original Whistel Stop !

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.113 seconds