Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Model Railroading > Getting to Trainfest?

Date: 10/31/19 17:02
Getting to Trainfest?
Author: nathan314

I'm planning to attend Trainfest next weekend in Milwaukee for the first time. Staying downtown, what are my options for getting out there? Any good transit options or should I just rent a car? Other ideas?

Anything else I absolutely have to do while in Milwaukee?

Nathan Beauheim 
Loveland, CO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/19 17:05 by nathan314.

Date: 10/31/19 17:07
Re: Getting to Trainfest?
Author: ghemr

Although I'm not from Milwaukee but have attended Trainfest a dozen times in the past, I can tell you it's less than six miles from downtown to the location in West Allis...

Date: 10/31/19 17:25
Author: kevink

Check the Milwaukee County Transit site: https://www.ridemcts.com/

Appears to be a two bus option from downtown to West Allis.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/31/19 18:00
Author: railfan400

North American Protoype Modelers train club holds an open house on Saturday evening after Trainfest. It is well worth visiting.

https://www.napmltd.org/index.html

Date: 11/03/19 20:15
Author: kschmidt626

I would agree with checking out the NAPM Open House on Saturday night.  Living in Milwaukee I would suggest just renting a car.  To get from Trainfest at State Fair Park in West Allis to NAPM if you decide to go then back downtown would be quite a ride on Milw Co Transit.  

I am not sure about this year but the Milwaukee Model Railroad Club has also been open Saturday night after Trainfest.  The Milw Model Railroad Club is the club where the NRMA was started. Its members included Al Kalmbach, Wm K Walthers and two former Mayors of Milwaukee.  It is a 2 rail O Scale layout.  It is great to see.  It sits just south of Downtown under the Canadian Pacific (former Milwaukee Road) track in an old station.  Check with the club at Trainfest to see if they will be open.  

Depending on when you come in you can also visit Walthers.  They will be open on Friday 10am to 6pm.  

Keith Schmidt 

Keith Schmidt
Milwaukee, WI

Date: 11/06/19 07:36
Author: Trainatic

I also just found out from some friends that there are hotels close that will provide you free tickets to Trainfest as long as you stay at that hotel.
Joe

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0455 seconds