Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Model Railroading > From active, to abandoned

Date: 11/04/19 12:24
From active, to abandoned
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Just a few short years separate these two photos, from an active freight hauler to
an abandoned line and cut up steel bridges.  Should have railfaned this location more,
but who knew?

Date: 11/04/19 13:04
Re: From active, to abandoned
Author: lynnpowell

Shane, I bet that you will have "something" up and running a year from now (unless you spend too much time on your "large scale" railroading).  You are one of the fastest layout builders that I have seen.  I was amazed at how fast you layout in Argyle was built and put into operation once you had move the old T&P building onto your property.  I was even more amazed at how fast this last layout was built and put into operation.  I await the progress reports on the new layout once your new layout space is completed.  You do super work in building the layout as well as the models thereon!

Date: 11/04/19 16:08
Author: santafedan

I like the second photo believe it or not.  It is a very interesting scene.  Lots of interest.

Date: 11/04/19 16:46
Author: SAAP

If this is Texas I expect to see it replaced by a toll road

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/04/19 17:18
Author: BCutter

Let's think about this.  The Katy was swallowed by MoPac which in turn was swallowed by UP.  It's clear (al least to me) that this is PSR at its finest!

Bruce
ex-Lumberjack

Date: 11/04/19 21:48
Author: tehachapifan

Makes me want to build an abandoned bridge on my layout! 

Date: 11/04/19 21:52
Author: DKay

Good luck with the new space Shane.Hope it dont distract you folks from the amazing live steam project you y'all got going on out in the piny woods.
Regards,dK

Date: 11/05/19 20:17
Author: tomstp

Nothing looks sadder than a abandoned railroad, no matter the scale.

Date: 11/06/19 04:39
Author: SPDRGWfan

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nothing looks sadder than a abandoned railroad, no
> matter the scale.

I guess that's realism in model form.  But some might say the same about graffiti or super weathered rusted horrible looking box cars.  Those things look sad and yukky too, but can be very true to life.

Maybe the title of this thread, following TV titles could be: from Hot to Not.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds