Home Open Account Help 213 users online

Model Railroading > Open House - Crossroads RR Club - HO & N Layouts, Vandalia Ohio

Date: 11/04/19 17:13
Open House - Crossroads RR Club - HO & N Layouts, Vandalia Ohio
Author: Steamman

If you are in the Dayton, Ohio area this coming weekend or passing through on I-70 or I-75, stop in for a while and spend some time with our layouts.  The Crossroads Railroad Club, Inc. has the only permanent club owned layouts in the Dayton, Ohio vicinity.  The club will be open this year on November 8 and 10, Saturday 11 AM to 5 PM and Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM, and we are located in the basement of the offices at 304 N. Dixie Drive in Vandalia, right across from the Dayton Airport and just three miles from the intersection of I-70 & I-75.  Signs will be posted and admission is free. The HO scale layout measures 24 by 40 feet in size, with over 400 feet of mainline track in a dog bone shaped loop to loop.  The main line dispatching and switches are controlled from a centralized traffic control (CTC) panel.  The layout has complete scenery, some recently upgraded, with two main yards and two mountain branch lines, one dual gauge.  The N scale layout measures 12 by 40 feet in size with 200 feet of mainline.  This layout is built similar to a modular layout and features long, 100-car trains, one large yard with a fully operational engine facility, and completed scenery.  Three trains are normally run simultaneously on both layouts and both layouts are DC and DCC compatible.  We are always looking for new members.  Our basement location is handicap accessible via chair lift.   Visit us at [color=#000066]www.crossroadsrr.com[/color] ahead of the show.              Tom E. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0345 seconds