Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Model Railroading > International Rail Fair This Weekend!

Date: 11/06/19 16:36
International Rail Fair This Weekend!
Author: RRBMail

This Saturday & Sunday will be the 42nd International Rail Fair, the West's biggest model train show & sale! It will take place at the Placer County Fair Grounds in Roseville, California, hard-by the UP yards and the junction of the Shasta Route with the Overland Route over the Sierra's. The Amtrak Roseville station is near the Fairgrounds too, soo...this time take the train! Also in town is one of the very best model train shops west of the Mississippi--Railroad Hobbies! Come one; came all! 

Date: 11/07/19 04:42
Re: International Rail Fair This Weekend!
Author: SPDRGWfan

Not in old Sacramento where the museum and the cab forward is located?  I went to Rail Fair 1991 and it was held there with lots of steam engines and a golden spike re-enactment IIRC.

Date: 11/07/19 06:38

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not in old Sacramento where the museum and the cab
> forward is located?  I went to Rail Fair 1991 and
> it was held there with lots of steam engines and a
> golden spike re-enactment IIRC.

IRF not it is not connected with the Cal. State Railroad Museum...it is OLDER than that museum, but near by. Visit both! IRF is a giant model railroad show and swap meet. 

Date: 11/07/19 07:12
Author: SPDRGWfan

ah, ok.  the event name is similar but not the same.  I'm too far away but maybe some day.

Date: 11/07/19 08:00
Author: Inthehole

I know the challenges that are present, but I found that the number of layouts has finally gotten down to where its not worth going for me. I'm not a big HO modeler, but would go to look for books and spent the rest of the time looking over the layouts of all scales. It used to have many layouts of all types. And now the Roseville Roundhouse guys have been told to go (from the fairgrounds, NOT the swap meet).

I wish you them the best of luck, though.

Date: 11/07/19 10:47

Inthehole Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm not a big HO modeler, but would go to look for
> books

I know for a fact that a BIG COLLECTION of RAILROAD BOOKS will be on sale this year!!!  

Date: 11/12/19 21:13
Author: ble692

This was the last year for the show at the Placer County Fairgrounds in Roseville. Next year the show is moving to the Scottish Rite Masonic Center in Sacramento on October 10 & 11.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1376 seconds