Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Model Railroading > Scaletrains N Dash9

Date: 11/05/19 19:43
Scaletrains N Dash9
Author: joea9809

Hello has anybody noticed that the sideframe
shock arrangement on the BNSF and NS Dash 9s is not correct ?

Posted from Android

Date: 11/06/19 06:20
Re: Scaletrains N Dash9
Author: Ntrainfan

I haven't received my N scale Dash 9 yet so I can't answer your question. Not to hijack the thread too much, but I was wondering if anyone has tried to run these in consist with Scaletrains' earlier release, the GEVOs (ET44C4s). I plan to do so with sound-equipped versions of both models, and I have not been able to confirm if both models use identical chassis and drivetrains. Thanks in advance to all for the information!

Date: 11/06/19 11:24

I have straight DC and they are fine together....and since you mentioned ET44 they have the side frame shock configuration the that the NS and BNSF ones should have.

Posted from Android

Date: 11/07/19 03:56
Author: NSTopHat

joea9809 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello has anybody noticed that the sideframe
> shock arrangement on the BNSF and NS Dash 9s is
> not correct ?
>
> Posted from Android

Yes, based on the photos posted on teh STX website, yes, the shock absorbers on the NS & BNSF D9's are incorrect. The shock absorbers on the ET44's are correct in that they mounted outbaord of hte brake cylinders and on the correct axle locations. Not sure where the error occured on the NS & BNSF units as they are correct on the HO scale. There is one of the HO NS units that does have the original configuration of shock absorbers, which came from a truck swap during a shop overhaul with a TopHat C40-9 at some point in its life before it was wrecked. I believe it is the 9692. The HO scale photos of 9692 are pre-production photos of the model and do not represent what the final product looks like.

Russ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/19 03:59 by NSTopHat.

Date: 11/07/19 15:21

What a shame for such an other wise excellent model.

Posted from Android

Date: 11/08/19 08:51
Author: needles_sub

lese majeste

Posted from Android

Date: 11/08/19 09:23
Author: SPDRGWfan

needles_sub Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lese majeste

Did I hear an echo?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0309 seconds