Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Model Railroading > Wizard Oil

Date: 11/14/19 09:09
Wizard Oil
Author: spsniper

This is a repost but I thought it was worth a second look. Also, Charles added some modeling info at the bottom!

Wizard oil is an old-time service station just inland, between Walnut Creek and Oakland in the 1950s! Here Old Man Mac Morrissy can fix anything that might be wrong with your American car. He will also pump your gas, clean your windows and check the tires! Not to mention a quick chat and some encouraging words and a smile to get you back on the road!It is open day and into the early night when the cool coastal fog begins its return into the Bay area!

Modeled by Charles Smiley on his HO layout!

Charles Smiley Writes: The station was built from an article in RMC magazine (July 1988). It was based on photos in a book called "Taken by the Wind". This model is bashed from two Campbells wood kits but it could be just as easily made all from scratch using Basswood. The kits were the Assay Office and the Clothing store crunched together. It was made for a diorama in a Lexan display box until I used it on my present layout.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/19 09:10 by spsniper.

Date: 11/14/19 11:25
Re: Wizard Oil
Author: fbe

Mac must be doing OK if he can afford to live in the Airstream out back.

Date: 11/14/19 15:15
Author: SPDRGWfan

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mac must be doing OK if he can afford to live in
> the Airstream out back.

I noticed the Airstream too!

Posted from Android

Date: 11/16/19 09:38
Author: ChrisCampi

Great scene. It sure feels like it could be Walnut Creek in the forties.

Date: 11/16/19 09:39
Author: dan

my car is at wizard transmission now

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0286 seconds