Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Model Railroading > Athearn announcements...

Date: 11/22/19 21:52
Athearn announcements...
Author: mcdeo

Didn't see anyone else mention it, but Athearn's end of month annoucements are out. Figured with the holiday next week, it might have shown up early.

I'm excited they are doing the new BNSF paint scheme for the SD75M rebuilds! And can always user more 53' containers. At least it's a year away for my wallet. 

Mike ONeill
Parker, CO

Date: 11/23/19 01:45
Re: Athearn announcements...
Author: mkerner

A year? Try 2 or 3 years with the way release dates keep getting pushed out
Michael t Kerner
Collinsville, IL

Posted from Android

Date: 11/23/19 05:53
Author: SPDRGWfan

From what I've been observing with Athearn, no, it been about a year give or take a couple months in most cases.

Posted from Android

Date: 11/23/19 06:56
Author: nathan314

Those GATX tank cars look nice.  Might have to pick up a couple.  It's nice to see 80's-90's paint schemes (no spreadsheets) on these.

Nathan Beauheim
Loveland, CO

Date: 11/23/19 19:12
Author: RuleG

Some TO members will be interested in the SP passenger GP9s with air tanks on the roofs.  The prototypes were assigned to commute service on the San Francisco - San Jose line.

Date: 11/23/19 22:12
Author: Fizzboy7

Usually they go up the last Friday of the month.   This was kind of a surprise.
The 53' container roadnames are a disappointment.  Nearly all those roads have been done many times before.   They could have focussed on the historic, new roads that were introduced this year on all Class 1's:   Amazon Prime, KLLM/FFE, Yellow, Estes, Marten, and others.  Got to hit the new stuff when it's hot and the talk of town.   That's when you make $.

Date: 11/24/19 09:36
Author: toledopatch

nathan314 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those GATX tank cars look nice.  Might have to
> pick up a couple.  It's nice to see 80's-90's
> paint schemes (no spreadsheets) on these.

Hear, hear. I see myself picking up quite a few of these. Now if they'd just do the sulphuric-acid tank cars with 1980s markings for GATX, UTLX or other owners commonly seen in the east, rather than doing mostly southwestern operators.

I'd consider some of the bulkhead flats, too, if they weren't so pricey. As it is, I can probably make do with the identical cars (except for different road numbers) I built from kits 25-30 years ago, plus the RtR ones Athearn formerly sold for less that came with loads, too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/19 09:38 by toledopatch.

Date: 11/24/19 20:16
Author: KA7008

RuleG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some TO members will be interested in the SP
> passenger GP9s with air tanks on the roofs.  The
> prototypes were assigned to commute service on the
> San Francisco - San Jose line.

Del Monte time!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.5237 seconds