Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Model Railroading > My Rapido B36-7 units

Date: 11/28/19 13:14
My Rapido B36-7 units
Author: mully

I unpacked my Seaboard System units and programmed then did a test run. No pics yet but I can say I’m very impressed. These were my first Rapido units and was a little worried after reading some other post

They look great and sound great. The horns are not the right color but I’m not a rivet counter or worry about ever little detail.

Great job Jason. First time buyer and will be a return customer

Gary

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/28/19 14:05
Re: My Rapido B36-7 units
Author: ghemr

A little gray paint will fix that horn. Don't worry if it's not perfectly matched-----the railroad's shop forces replace horns as needed and they're usually a different color.

PS   I have since glanced at this class of locomotives on various websites. Many of the as-built units did indeed have silver horns---later they were either painted gray or took on that color because of dirt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/19 14:27 by ghemr.

Date: 11/28/19 16:06
Author: ghemr

I have since found a photo of the prototypes in my collection.....

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,4910856

Date: 11/28/19 21:53
Author: RailThunder

As delivered the horns were silver, over time they were swapped out with normal maintenance/repair for grey ones and the silver also quickly grimed up.

Date: 11/29/19 06:00

Thanks for clearing it up about the horns. Now I can find nothing wrong. The detail is amazing. The sound is awesome. I’m glad I bought two so I could have a set. Great work by Rapido. As I said these are my first Rapido units and I hope not my last I hope Rapido does more eastern roads as well as another run of the Canadian coal units

Here that Jason
NW
Southern
Chessie
Family lines/ seaboard system/ clinch field

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/29/19 06:12
Author: toledopatch

mully Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for clearing it up about the horns. Now I
> can find nothing wrong. The detail is amazing.
> The sound is awesome. I’m glad I bought two so
> I could have a set. Great work by Rapido. As
> I said these are my first Rapido units and I hope
> not my last I hope Rapido does more eastern roads
> as well as another run of the Canadian coal units
>
>
> Here that Jason
> NW
> Southern
> Chessie
> Family lines/ seaboard system/ clinch field
>
If you're talking about B36-7's: N&W, Chessie, Family Lines, and Clinchfield didn't have them. Rapido has been very good about not doing foobies. But N&W and Family Lines would be likely roadnames if they ever did a C30-7....

Canadian "coal units"? Did you mean "cowl units"?

Date: 11/29/19 06:53

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mully Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks for clearing it up about the horns. Now
> I
> > can find nothing wrong. The detail is amazing.
> > The sound is awesome. I’m glad I bought two
> so
> > I could have a set. Great work by Rapido. As
> > I said these are my first Rapido units and I
> hope
> > not my last I hope Rapido does more eastern
> roads
> > as well as another run of the Canadian coal
> units
> >
> >
> > Here that Jason
> > NW
> > Southern
> > Chessie
> > Family lines/ seaboard system/ clinch field
> >
> If you're talking about B36-7's: N&W, Chessie,
> Family Lines, and Clinchfield didn't have them.
> Rapido has been very good about not doing foobies.
> But N&W and Family Lines would be likely roadnames
> if they ever did a C30-7....
>
> Canadian "coal units"? Did you mean "cowl units"?

I did mean Cowl. Darn auto correct

I know they didn’t have those units I would be happy if they did anything on those road names. Especially the high hoods most makers won’t touch

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/29/19 23:46
Author: RailThunder

I will echo the comments about being very impressed.  I unboxed my Seaboard units and agree they are very nice and sound great.  Tomorrow they'll get programmed and a couple hours breaking in before going into service.  I also got a pair of Southern ones.  I noted a brake chain will need to be reattached and the horn CV will need to be changed when they get to the programmer, other than that they look fabulous.

Date: 11/30/19 15:46
Author: rapidotrains

Hi guys,

We've been hesitant to step into the negative threads on this and other forums for fear of stoking the fires, but I just wanted to let you know that it means a lot that you like your B36-7 models. 

We've got fewer than 100 left from the entire run, and so far the feedback from customers has been very good, even with the handful of mistakes or, in some cases, choices we made that not everyone agrees with.

We really do appreciate the supportive comments.

Thanks a lot,

Jason

Date: 11/30/19 16:18
Author: kecarden

I received my 3 of the 4 that I order  Conrail B36-7 which I feel that overall Rapido did a wonderful job on the Conrail units.  I did had one that had a broken plastic handrail on the engineer side the first one, which I replace with a brass one.  Also their were some minor details that will be added to the rear end pilot such has the grabs above the air hose and also the bottom of the pilot.  I am reworking the interior of the cab with additional LED's on the unit.  Will have pictures later

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0569 seconds