Home Open Account Help 259 users online

Model Railroading > Rapido B36-7 Beacon color

Date: 12/02/19 11:32
Rapido B36-7 Beacon color
Author: grandeguy

Hello,

I recieved my 2 B36-7s last week and put them on the test track. Rapido did a beautiful job on these models. But as was discussed last week the Rotary Beacon on the Santa Fe unit appears red. I messaged Rapido about it yesterday and got a response that they did in fact somehow got red LEDs installed by accident and are looking into what will be done to fix it. Also if modelers want they can get as delivered truck sideframes for the Santa Fe and SP units. Go to Rapidos website and go to warranty request. Im not nitpicking but the rotary beacon should be amber and not red. Thanks to Rapido for their efforts and standing behind their products.

Regards, Dave Dane

Date: 12/03/19 17:50
Re: Rapido B36-7 Beacon color
Author: toledopatch

Chad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
... if they
> want a hobby that is 100% accurate, they should
> collect coins.  

Ha. In coin collecting, the examples with imperfections are the most valuable ones.

Date: 12/03/19 18:03
Author: Chad

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chad Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> ... if they
> > want a hobby that is 100% accurate, they should
> > collect coins.  
>
>
> Ha. In coin collecting, the examples with
> imperfections are the most valuable ones.

Uh, but those are the special ones with higher value. When was the last time someone bitched about getting one of those?

Date: 12/06/19 17:53
Author: Chad

Well I received my two ATSF units today and yep, the beacons are indeed red. Have to admit given the time of year Christmas it's kind of appropriate. Anyway sent an email to Rapido and I am sure they will fix it. Other than that all I can say is WOW, these models are top notch. Detail, sound and slow speed operation. Dang good job Rapido. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0441 seconds