Home Open Account Help 362 users online

Model Railroading > Up in the Attic in Cheyenne

Date: 01/08/20 00:17
Up in the Attic in Cheyenne
Author: bakersfielddave

Whilst visiting the Cheyenne Depot museum last year    a detailed DRGW  steam Narrow Gauge era  model railroad  is housed up in the top floor , worth a visit if in Cheyenne 

there wasnt much happening a very quiet day here  due to being snowed in, but the scenery was very good and the few trains running were also worth the visit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/20 00:39 by bakersfielddave.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/08/20 00:20
Re: Up in the Attic in Cheyenne

Date: 01/08/20 00:21

Date: 01/08/20 00:23

Date: 01/08/20 00:25

Date: 01/08/20 00:27

Date: 01/08/20 00:29

Date: 01/08/20 00:30

Date: 01/08/20 00:31

Date: 01/08/20 00:43

the obligatory "Blooper" bonus i could label this 

i had to disable the audio here ,due to some ..' language'  ....

darn.....heck..and  H  E  Double L  as they  used to say

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/08/20 01:15
Author: dan

I have heard about , never been up there, thanks  for showing us!The relocation and rebuilding of one of the world’s most popular and loved narrow gauge model railroads, the Union Central and Northern is occurring in the 2nd floor baggage room at the historic Cheyenne Depot Museum. The Union Central and Northern (UC&N) Model Railroad layout created by Harry S. Brunk of Clarkson, NE officially opened during the 2012 Depot Days. Mr. Brunk spent over 30 years handcrafting everything from the scenery to the rolling stock for this HO scale of the narrow gauge Clear Creek (Colorado) Lines of the Colorado and Southern Railway. The UC&N's development has been chronicled in over 100 magazine articles over the years in Narrow Gauge & Short Line Gazette and the Model Railroader. While the layout is very well known it has never left Mr. Brunk's residence or been on public display until now.Through the generosity of Mr. Brunk and thoughtfulness of Mr. Rick Steele, owner of LaBelle Woodworking the UC&N has been donated to the Cheyenne Depot Museum for permanent public display.  from their websitemeanwhile in Boulder this guy is downsizing,the house is going, and his pike is for sale, not sure of the status, perhaps check it out,  skip went over and filmed it 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4DWcJtBbZE

Date: 01/08/20 04:36
Author: WrongWayMurphy

I visited a couple years ago, nothing running and in fact I was the only one up there, but my goodness,
what a sweet  narrow gauge model railroad!

Date: 01/09/20 14:26
Author: wjpyper

When I looked at the first few views of the "pit crew," I thought that it was a prison gang "Breakin' rocks in the hot sun." But later views showed it to be a baseball game.
Bill Pyper
Lacey, WA

Date: 01/13/20 12:47
Author: ns1000

Congrats on the amount of detail...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0895 seconds