Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Model Railroading > NS 3555 to be comissioned

Date: 01/08/20 21:05
NS 3555 to be comissioned
Author: bath_wildcat

NS 3555 my Breast Cancer Awareness SD60E is offically going to be made as of today in memory of my adopted mother.

At 11:10 am this morning I recieved the news that my adopted Mother Patsy Ruckman who comissioned this idea 3 years ago passed away from her battle with cancer. Her picture is attached.

Now question wise where do I start to comission this very locomotive? Should I use a shell to retrofit my Veterans SD60E, or obtain a straight SD60E in NS black and have it done that way? Should I get one that already has DCC and or sound installed or a straight SD60E and do DCC at a later date?

Not sure yet on time frame hence the questions.

Thanks for any suggestions and or help.

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 01/08/20 22:20
Re: NS 3555 to be comissioned
Author: tgcostello

I'm sorry for your loss, Mike.  Good luck with the modeling project.
TC

Date: 01/09/20 04:21
Author: mully

I’m sorry for your loss also and as a thought I think if you made these to sell and donated the money it would be great way to honor her and help others and I think modelers would support this

Gary

Mgcostello Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sorry for your loss, Mike.  Good luck with
> the modeling project.
> TC

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/09/20 07:37
Author: PasadenaSub

So sorry for your loss.  The unit is a good idea, but please take the proper time for yourself to mourn and be with friends and loved ones.
Losing my father a few months ago did help to reorder my priorities.  In the end, family is the most important thing.

Rich

Date: 01/09/20 08:08
Author: mully

I totally agree we just had a loss on 12/30 and as much as can’t get my thoughts together and have no desire to watch trains or go out to my layout I can say friends and family is what is helping me right now

Gary

PasadenaSub Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So sorry for your loss.  The unit is a good idea,
> but please take the proper time for yourself to
> mourn and be with friends and loved ones.
> Losing my father a few months ago did help to
> reorder my priorities.  In the end, family is the
> most important thing.
>
> Rich

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/09/20 11:52
Author: ST214

Sorry for your loss. My mom's cancer started out as breast cancer, but spread before they could remove it. Luckily, very expensive drugs have it in check, for now. 

This is a great idea, and I can't wait to see the end result!

Date: 01/09/20 15:52
Author: audiom

sorry for your loss may God comfort you, that would be a nice model

Date: 01/09/20 16:19
Author: funnelfan

Sad to hear of your loss of a loving soul, but happy to hear that you are going to commemorate her life in this manner.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 01/09/20 16:23
Author: jayb61

i am very sorry for your loss. i also lost my mom and mother in law to this horrific desease. may they all rip. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0736 seconds