Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Model Railroading > i want to wire in a 2ND turntable control er..suggestions please

Date: 01/09/20 17:39
i want to wire in a 2ND turntable control er..suggestions please
Author: robert162

I would like to add another(2ND)controller for my turn table. since i can be on either side it would be nice.  Walthers 130'.

Date: 01/09/20 19:53
Re: i want to wire in a 2ND turntable control er..suggestions ple
Author: MojaveBill

Nice transfer table!!

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 01/10/20 04:52
Author: WrongWayMurphy

I don’t think Walthers sells the controller without buying the whole turntable assembly.
maybe you can find one on e-bay or a local train show.

There are a couple versions of the controller, and you should be sure to get the same one as you
currently use.  Looking at mine, (blue version) it should be no big deal to run wire from one
controller’s  terminals to the other.  

Date: 01/10/20 05:52
Author: BAB

I contacted Walthers back when it was announced that there would be a new style control system. Kind of forgot about it but was told they might offer the setup as needed to replace the old style like I have. Give them a call on there tech line and see, oh let me know on here if they do.

Date: 01/10/20 06:25
Author: HB90MACH

Could you wire it into the dcc system and use a decoder to run it?

Date: 01/10/20 08:48
Author: robert162

it is a non DCC walthers turn table, i dont want to cut the cable and splice in another control box...:)

Date: 01/10/20 20:13
Author: snoopy51

mmmmmmmmmm
The power wires to the  t/table maybe cut and put in a D.P.D.T  type off switch to select which control does the job.
a DCC unit should still work too.ask a electrical shop for a wiring detail or a local electrician.A grade
I have done many jobs for friends and use to be the CLUB,S electrician for years..

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0323 seconds