Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Model Railroading > International TO Rescue Collaboration

Date: 01/19/20 04:54
International TO Rescue Collaboration
Author: brv200

Hi all,
this is a Little story about two model railroaders here on TO.
Almost one year ago, I recognized a bent frame on my P2K model of a GP 38-2 in RI colors.
Removing the shell revealed a heavily damaged frame, bent and broken,obviously caused by zinc pest.
Several attempts to buy this frame as a replacement part weren't successful.

After I had opened a thread her on TO with my problem, Jim Sloan from Canada sent me a PM and
offered me a spare frame. He even didn't wait until I had sent the money! He immediately put
the piece into a parcel and sent it to me, to Bavaria, Germany.

Today (I admit quite a long time has passed since) GP 38-2, RI #4300, has been taken back into
duty. A great moment.

Many many thanks Jim!!!!

Cheers
Franz

Date: 01/19/20 06:38
Re: International TO Rescue Collaboration
Author: SPDRGWfan

Toll!  Great story!

Date: 01/19/20 09:13
Author: Jimmies

Hey Franz...glad to have been of help on your project, and happy too that it was successful.  The locomotive looks good, but I also like the looks of the building in the background of your photo.

Jim

Date: 01/19/20 10:59
Author: ChrisCampi

That is outstanding.

Date: 01/19/20 17:45
Author: chitownjeff

Yep had two brake on me as well, one was in storage for quite a while, when I finally got around to service the gummed up gear boxes the frame had snapped by itself.
My suspicion is the frame maybe flawed but the upper weight may be warped a little and when it is screwed in place adds additional stress to the frame and thus causes it to snap.

Jeff

Date: 01/19/20 20:09
Author: CM80-46

True Canadian generousity! I have been the recipient myself of similar help, railfanning, model railroading, and just everyday problems that pop up while visiting. I’ve had the privilege of paying it forward to several Canadians visiting the States.

CM80.46

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds