Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Model Railroading > Progress on the New Layout

Date: 01/23/20 17:02
Progress on the New Layout
Author: map

Six years after tearing down the old layout and relocating (https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,3317005,3317005#msg-3317005), a new condensed version of my Wyoming Rail Link is now taking shape in the basement.  The new layout focuses on switching in the Rock Springs area, servicing a number of industries and receiving inbound and outbound traffic in the yard.  Below are some grab shot photos of my latest projects, still works in progress.

1) The local switcher is spotting a tank car at Red Horse Oil, located in the Reliance Industrial Park.

2) Another Reliance Industrial Park tenant is PolyPipe, a manufacturer of flexible plastic pipe products for the oil industry.  The prototype PolyPipe is located just east of Casper, Wyoming, but I liked the industry so much I couldn't resist using it in Rock Springs.

Mike Peters
Brentwood, MO

Date: 01/23/20 19:16
Re: Progress on the New Layout
Author: Jimmies

Very nice.  I hope to see lots of updates as things progress.

Jim

Date: 01/24/20 07:10
Author: inCHI

Looks great. In the second photo the giant building with one car spotted looks realistic, compared to the common compact building with 5 cars spotted.

Date: 01/24/20 07:31
Author: Dieselpower

Nice work.  I look at these photos and think "this looks great and I need to get back into the basement."  So thanks.  Keep it up!
Rodney
near Allentown PA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/20 08:08 by Dieselpower.

Date: 01/26/20 03:44
Author: SPB

Good looking layout.  Interesting operation for switching.

Gerry

Date: 01/28/20 10:38
Author: MarkG

Nice. I'd be interested in seeing your overall track plan.

best regards,
Mark G.

Date: 01/29/20 16:44
Author: map

This is the current trackplan, not perfectly to scale, but close enough.

Mike

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0642 seconds