Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Model Railroading > Quinault Pacific Finally!!!

Date: 02/08/20 13:13
Quinault Pacific Finally!!!
Author: funnelfan

Ah Sweet, Athearn just announced Quinault Pacific Evans RBL boxcars in HO Scale. First time ever offered, don't think there are even decals made for this car. Quinault Pacific was a company based in Shelton, WA that produced the wood paneling so popular during the 70's. These cars roamed the rails in the 70's and 80's. Very happy to be able to mark off another entry in the private lumber car collection. They also announced Canfor, Georgia Pacific, Wisconsin Central, Louisville & Nashville, Illinois Terminal, and British Columbia Railway. All of which I believe have been produced before.

http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATH67728

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 02/08/20 13:39
Re: Quinault Pacific Finally!!!
Author: boejoe

Thanks Ted.  I thought when I saw the announcement the other day that it was a railroad name vs a private company.  Thought to myself, "now that's one I never heard of"

Date: 02/08/20 14:16
Author: wjpyper

Is Shelton completely shut down?
Bill Pyper
Lacey, WA

Date: 02/08/20 15:10
Author: Betsy

Unfortunately the prototype is a Plate C car, Athearn's model is too small.

Elizabeth

Date: 02/08/20 16:35
Author: SPDRGWfan

Betsy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unfortunately the prototype is a Plate C car,
> Athearn's model is too small.
>
> Elizabeth

And aren't those the old Details West models as well?

Jim

Date: 02/08/20 17:50
Author: funnelfan

SPDRGWfan Wrote:

> And aren't those the old Details West models as
> well?

That is correct

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 02/08/20 18:49
Author: seod

wjpyper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is Shelton completely shut down?
> Bill Pyper
> Lacey, WA
>  

Well the Simpson mills are gone and a new state of the art lumber mill owned by Sierra Pacific is there now. The Simpson RR has been shut down for a few years now. The Peninsular Railway and Lumbermen's Museum has a lease on the line and they have 2 of the former Simpson switchers. Until they get a very large amount of insurance coverage they cannot run anything. They have dreams of running excursions at some point but with the amount of insurance that Simpson and Sierra wants them to have they cannot afford it at this time.

The Sierra mill does load a lot of center beams of lumber so the PSAP gets plenty of traffic from the mill.

Scott O'Dell

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0475 seconds