Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Model Railroading > Don't like the white anti-slip area? My fix... And...

Date: 02/09/20 16:15
Don't like the white anti-slip area? My fix... And...
Author: wheel_slip

I read the thread below about the CNW SD40-2's with the attached pictures and was kinda taken back by the glaring white paint around the radiator sections on two of the models. I thought YUCK! As I read the conversation, I noticed Betsy chimed in with information she found referring to a couple of images that in fact this does seem to be correct. Being that she is one of the best modelers I have seen (her work speaks for itself) I was a little more accepting with the glaring white paint, but I still didn't like it.
So, I also remember these as not being the cleanest of motive power, even before the UP took control, so I went to work with the time machine... Here is the result. Being a UP modeler, I "needed" a CNW unit to mix into my UP consists because they were everywhere in the '90's. At least that is my story and I'm sticking to it. I also banged out another SD40-2 this weekend because I didn't want the CNW one to be lonely.

Andy

Date: 02/09/20 16:16
Re: Don't like the white anti-slip area? My fix... And...
Author: wheel_slip

one more of the stable mate.

Date: 02/09/20 16:39
Author: ghemr

Excellent workmanship on both locomotives! I especially enjoy the fading green paint on the CNW's cab in addition to the replacement cab awning!

Date: 02/09/20 20:17
Author: Jimmies

Terrific work!  These look great.

Jim

Date: 02/10/20 05:48
Author: needles_sub

May just be optics, but it looks like the hand rails on the long hood have a curve to them toward the hood.

Posted from Android

Date: 02/10/20 10:16
Author: brfriedm

Nice work Andy!  Bruce

Date: 02/11/20 07:25
Author: bobdavis

Really nicely done subtle weathering on those units.

Bob

Date: 02/13/20 06:02
Author: ns1000

Very nice..!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds