Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Model Railroading > Tehachapi Sunday

Date: 02/11/20 14:35
Tehachapi Sunday
Author: trackplanner

After a break in westbound traffic, Extra 8448 East pulls out of Cliff Siding on the uphill climb to Tehachapi and is seen again departing Rowen after making another meet on a busy day at the La Mesa club layout (Don DeLay photos).

Date: 02/11/20 22:10
Re: Tehachapi Sunday
Author: MojaveBill

#2 is super!!  (Try to cut bck on the yellow)

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 02/12/20 06:32
Author: SPDRGWfan

One of these years I gotta make a pilgrimage to that layout.  Nice photo's.

My old stomping grounds was the SP route from Davis and up thru the Sierra's.  It would be cool to see a layout in the Tehachapi size and style for the Sierra's someday.

Date: 02/12/20 09:23

Thanks Bill, I changed it back to the original photo that I thought was a little too dark. You're right though, the edited one was too yellow. 

Don DeLay

Date: 02/12/20 10:26
Author: dmaffei

Nice photos. Always a pleasure to visit and see pics from that layout. Why? Simple, if you've been to Rowen, you recognize the location: https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,4758074,4758074#4758074 (as in pic two)
They do a great job of modeling the scenes correct on that layout. My first visit I had so much fun photographing, I forgot to run a train ! https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,2283228,page=1
Not many layouts can have that claim to fame, but this one sure does. Thanks for posting the photos

Date: 02/12/20 13:10

Yeah, I enjoy railfanning on this "model" railroad too. I always find locations where I used to camp and photograph the real deal on the layout. Rowen was easy, but Cliff was another story....

Don DeLay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/20 13:10 by trackplanner.

Date: 02/12/20 17:36
Author: chakk

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One of these years I gotta make a pilgrimage to
> that layout.  Nice photo's.
>
> My old stomping grounds was the SP route from
> Davis and up thru the Sierra's.  It would be cool
> to see a layout in the Tehachapi size and style
> for the Sierra's someday.

Museum is open every day but Mondays.   Volunteers run trains on all open days under "See and Be Seen" rules.

1950's-era  sessions using TT&TO rules are held on select weekends throughout the year.
There are also some 1980's-era weekend sessions using a combination of CTC and TT&TO.
And there are some weekend youth-oriented sessions that use Track Warrant Control procedures, including, I believe, the session during which these photos were taken.

Date: 02/13/20 05:01
Author: SPDRGWfan

chakk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Museum is open every day but Mondays. 
>  Volunteers run trains on all open days under
> "See and Be Seen" rules.
>
> 1950's-era  sessions using TT&TO rules are held
> on select weekends throughout the year.
> There are also some 1980's-era weekend sessions
> using a combination of CTC and TT&TO.
> And there are some weekend youth-oriented sessions
> that use Track Warrant Control procedures,
> including, I believe, the session during which
> these photos were taken.

Thanks for the info.  I would love to go see it in operation and I'm sure it would be a blast to run a train.

As soon as my wife and I get her (much delayed) son a car and employed, I'm hoping to finally get back out there to the west coast.

Cheers, Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0764 seconds