Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Model Railroading > Correct Kadee for P2K FA2

Date: 03/18/20 08:20
Correct Kadee for P2K FA2
Author: jburek

Looking for correct Kadee coupler size for P2K FA2.  Looks like long shank for front of unit.  Would appreciate hearing from anyone with experience with these units -Thanks
Jeff

Date: 03/18/20 09:36
Re: Correct Kadee for P2K FA2
Author: wmfa2303

I have several of these units, and have always used a KD#5, on both ends.  I drill and tap the hole in the metal draft gear and drill a thru hole in the coupler box.  Then use a screw down thru both. Frequently pull 80 car coal trains on my club layout with 3 units, no issues.  They do couple close, but I like the look.  Our layout has minimum 48" radius curves.
Good luck. 

Date: 03/18/20 19:35
Author: chakk

I've been using Kadee #146 on the front of my EMD and Alco covered wagons to replace any NMRA or fake knuckle couplers

Date: 03/19/20 08:06
Author: BAB

The Kadee on line has a complete run down on what to use and if there are any questions either call them or email them.  I have done that several times and also have gone direct to there factory as its just over the hill from me. Always very helpful and easy to deal with. Boyd in Chiloquin OR

Date: 03/23/20 18:28
Author: jburek

Ended up using a #156 - a perfect fit.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0337 seconds