Home Open Account Help 241 users online

Model Railroading > Turboliners a go!

Date: 03/23/20 16:52
Turboliners a go!
Author: RapidoJordan

Hi guys,

Thank you to everyone who placed a pre-order for the Turboliners, have have reached our goal to make this project a reality! With everything now in motion we will complete the design by the summer with a pre-production sample expected by the fall. Production will then begin late in the year for delivery in spring/summer 2021. If you haven't placed an order yet, no need to worry we will still accept any orders placed until later this year. For updates to this exciting project, keep a lookout on our Facebook page and newsletters for updates!

Thanks again,

Jordan

Date: 03/23/20 17:27
Re: Turboliners a go!
Author: fbe

Congratulations! I just can't justify these in western Montana without domes, sleepers, pantographs and orange paint.

I am sure once the models are out in the real world a number of modelers will wish they had made reservations.

Date: 03/24/20 06:03
Author: rapidotrains

fbe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Congratulations! I just can't justify these in
> western Montana without domes, sleepers,
> pantographs and orange paint.
>
> I am sure once the models are out in the real
> world a number of modelers will wish they had made
> reservations.

Interestingly, we got a flurry of orders once we announced that we had reached the minimum and removed the discount.

-Jason

Date: 03/24/20 08:40
Author: RGDave

Congrats, Jordan, Jason & all of Rapido!  This is great news for this product but also for Rapido and the state of the hobby too.

Excited to see mine on the Onondaga Cutoff!

~RGDave
https://onondagacutoff.blogspot.com/

Date: 03/24/20 09:53
Author: ATSF90East

After seeing the Turboliners Are Go! graphic I expected to see members of the Tracy family & International Rescue about, and a blurb about it being filmed in "super marionation" :^)

Date: 03/24/20 19:15
Author: march_hare

Bravo to you. 

Sorry I missed the original deadline ( and the discount). Some other issues that you may have heard of interfered.
should be an order coming soon. 

Date: 03/25/20 06:10
Author: rapidotrains

ATSF90East Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After seeing the Turboliners Are Go! graphic I
> expected to see members of the Tracy family &
> International Rescue about, and a blurb about it
> being filmed in "super marionation" :^)

F.A.B.! 

-Jason

Date: 03/25/20 06:37
Author: march_hare

Can’t wait t hear the sound effects that come with these. Those things really did make you think you were at an airport.

Hope they can include boarding announcements, and a list of stations. That shouldn’t be too hard, since they only ran NYC-Albany-Niagara Falls and NYC-Albany-Montreal. The only complications I can see would be the change from NYG to NYP in 1991, the few trains that skipped stops between ALB and NYC, and the addition of Yonkers to the station list. Can’t remember when that happened. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0556 seconds