Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Model Railroading > A "what if well car"

Date: 03/28/20 13:05
A "what if well car"
Author: Pattenburg

After reading some of the threads on this forum about starting on those projects, I started one that asked the question "What would that first well car look like when railroads got into the intermodal business?" So looking in my junk box I came up with a NYK Line container and an old UP gondola. With those two objects it was time to start cutting out sections of the gondola's sides with an X-Acto saw and this is what I came up with. There is still some miscellaneous tasks to be done but this was my fun project for a rainy day here in NJ. It is interesting at least in my mind and on this railroad this is what my initial well car looks like.

Date: 03/28/20 13:37
Re: A "what if well car"
Author: BNModeler

Good job!

Date: 03/28/20 13:58
Author: RRBMail

I have seen numerous gondolas pressed into COFC service, including a silver ATSF work train gon. There's a prototype for everything--just about.

Date: 03/28/20 16:49
Author: gandydancer4

I like it. I think I change the paint to make it a little bit more modern but ....I LIKE IT!!  ×   

Date: 03/28/20 19:44
Author: tehachapifan

Seems plausible....especially after seeing a number of containers haphazardly strapped onto flatbed highway trailers and trucks.

Date: 03/29/20 07:31
Author: inCHI

That's common in several other countries - China and Russia come to mind.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0263 seconds