Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Model Railroading > DCC JMRI programming?

Date: 04/01/20 13:57
DCC JMRI programming?
Author: seod

I am programming a P2K SD45 with a TCS A4X in it. I am trying to speed match to 50 mph. I decided that was a good speed to set all my engines to. Now comes the weird problem. I am using JMRI with a Digitrax PR4 through a Zephyr. Trying to get the engine at 50 mph is tough in setting the max voltage when I set it to step 174 it goes 55 mph on my speedometer and when I set it to step 173 it goes 44 mph.  1 step either way (172 or 175) makes no change to the speed. Did I just hit the magic number and there is no middle ground?. I even tried to put in 173.5 but that did not work at all. It will probably work with just a little fighting with other engines but it would be nice to get it to 50 mph. In all reality I do not have a layout and just run occasionally on a Friends layout so it is not the end of the world but I would like to set it to 50.

Scott O'Dell

Date: 04/01/20 14:15
Re: DCC JMRI programming?

Well thats wierd I did the mid speed I like to do the speed at half throttle at 25 and when I set that (it was running at 31 mph) the top speed settled down to 52 which is more than close enough. I should have done that before I posted  oh well.

Scott O'Dell

Date: 04/01/20 14:34
Author: Wasatch-RR-Cont

We speed match on Digitrax to much lowert speeds...like 25....much easier.... 

Date: 04/02/20 16:49
Author: stevenlsilva

is there link to download JMRI on a pc the web site has nothing to down load

Date: 04/02/20 18:27
Author: chakk

stevenlsilva Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is there link to download JMRI on a pc the web
> site has nothing to down load

Google is your friend.

Date: 04/03/20 07:24

"is there link to download JMRI on a pc the web site has nothing to down load"

https://www.jmri.org/download/

It is about in the middle of the page under JMRI 4.18 - Production release then under download then windows.

Scott

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.082 seconds