Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Model Railroading > Taurus Products plans

Date: 05/27/20 16:08
Taurus Products plans
Author: rdsexton

This may be a bit far fetched but I am looking for the plans/instructions that go with this kit. I picked it up from an antiques dealer but the plans were not included. I tried sending a request (actual snail mail) to the address but it came back as address unknown. That does not surprise me but still, there is a chance. Can anyone here supply them? It would be greatly appreciated. Either PM me or just add a comment here.

Date: 05/27/20 18:21
Re: Taurus Products plans
Author: BCutter

For grins I looked on HOSEEKER and didn't find the company listed.  I then tried doing an online search and found Taurus Products kits purported to be available from Valley Model Trains in Wappingers Falls NY.  valleymodeltrains.com  I did not see the reefer listed but...it might be worth a shot!

Good Luck!

Bruce

Date: 05/28/20 04:42
Author: Arved

It's a long shot, but you may want to try to contact Tony Thompson or Dick Harley and see if they have any information on the kit.

Tony is one of the authors of the definative PFE book, and has a column in the SPH&T's Trainline magazine on modeling the SP, and another on Model Railroad Hobbyist's online magazine. He has a bog that you can reach him through: Modeling the SP.

Dick Harley co-wrote Southern Pacific Freight Car Painting and Lettering Guide: Includes PFE with Tony Thoimpson. The book includes painting and lettering information for the PFE fleet written by Dick. He also has a lot of information on his SmugMug site, including reference material from clinics he's presented: Harley-Trians

As I said, it's a long shot. I suspect Tony would more likely to be helpful. When I've asked about other models Dick hasn't used to model PFE equipment, he's been dismissive. If there are better models available, why would you bother with anything else. I've become a big fan of Intermountain/Red Caboose models after long discussions with both gentlemenn. :D

Good luck!

Arved Grass
Fleming Island, FL

Date: 06/05/20 21:42
Author: rdsexton

Thanks to you both for the feedback. I am contacting Tony Thompson to see what he night offer. I had the good fortune to meet him a few years back. As far as the online search, I had done that as well and found the hobby shop. I think I  will see what they might have to say about it.

As to my reasons, what with being in the slammer these past three months, I started building some of the backlog ofkits I have. This includes several Ambroid kits and some others. I have taken to looking in antique stores for possibilities. I even have a  very early tank car kit that someone had started to build and did not finish. I don't plan to finish it because the cylinder had to be wrapped around a form and it wasn't aligned right. In any case, these kits have provided a diversion and this one, even with the instructions looks to be a challenge. I ever get it done, I will post pictures.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0515 seconds