Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Model Railroading > Athearn announcements...

Date: 05/29/20 10:24
Athearn announcements...
Author: mcdeo

Well...it looks like Athearn is slowly posting their new stuff being announced this month. I know there is a Facebook video at 1pm PST/4pm EST today...was thinking maybe they're waiting for that to get everything on the website.

Last Friday of the month for us home bound people has become a bit of a watching moment. Maybe other manufactures could do a predictable day/date of the month. Just for consistency and for us sitting waiting for stuff. 

HO Genesis: GP15-1's, more ICC cabooses, 4600 3 bay covered hoppers. That's all I've found/looked for thus far. 

Mike ONeill
Parker, CO

Date: 05/29/20 10:29
Re: Athearn announcements...
Author: SPDRGWfan

Still no Rio Grande ICC caboose announcement - hopefully they will eventually see the light of day.

I passed on the first runs of the 4600 Genesis hoppers because the fit of the top to the body was wavey and inconsistant, especially for the price.  I'm waiting for Blaines Arrowhead version as they should be better.  In the mean time I still have my old Accurail 4600's.

Bombardier passneger cars and acid tank cars in the RTR line announced also.

http://athearn.com/Search/Default.aspx?NYA=True&PageSize=72&Page=1

athearn.com/Search/Default.aspx?NYA=True&PageSize=72&Page=2

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/20 10:32 by SPDRGWfan.

Date: 05/29/20 13:36
Author: WAF

ExactRail has been very quiet

Date: 05/29/20 13:49
Author: tmurray

Genesis P42s in Amtrak and VIA

Date: 05/29/20 14:10

WAF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ExactRail has been very quiet

Yes, looks like a slow year for them.  Only one model so far for 2020, Thrall Coil Cars announced in January and due "Summer 2020".

2019 was a fairly slow year for ER with only 2 HO (Evans 5277 boxcar and Berwick 7440 60' Applicance boxcar) and 2 N scale models offered (Evans 5277 boxcar and Autoflood II coal car).

Date: 05/29/20 16:55
Author: jburek

I'm hopeful that at some point they'll consider doing low nose GP18's in the NYSW scheme.  Now that they have the GP18, don't think this is too much to hope for.

Date: 05/29/20 22:58
Author: Fizzboy7

Quite disappointed with Exactrail.   When they first came around, they promised "over 200 all-new freight car models."    Rather, they have been dwindling more and more each year.   While I feel for their struggles and know it's a tough business, it's a bit tacky talking big and not backing it up.   I say this as a retailer, who promotes companies to customers, trying to build up some excitement and sales momentum.  

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
> WAF Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ExactRail has been very quiet
>
> Yes, looks like a slow year for them.  Only one
> model so far for 2020, Thrall Coil Cars announced
> in January and due "Summer 2020".
>
> 2019 was a fairly slow year for ER with only 2 HO
> (Evans 5277 boxcar and Berwick 7440 60' Applicance
> boxcar) and 2 N scale models offered (Evans 5277
> boxcar and Autoflood II coal car).

Date: 05/29/20 23:00
Author: Fizzboy7

Is it just my computer or is Athearn not updating their website?   Clicking on the normal header ontop that says, "New Announcements" has always landed the new stuff.   Instead, it's only if one does a more detailed search, buried in other pages.

Date: 05/30/20 05:27
Author: mkerner

Fizzboy7 Wrote:
> Is it just my computer or is Athearn not updating
> their website?   Clicking on the normal header
> ontop that says, "New Announcements" has always
> landed the new stuff.   Instead, it's only if
> one does a more detailed search, buried in other
> pages.

They mentioned computer issues on thier Facebook live chat which is posted on YouTube. They said web page will be updated by Monday. The Genesis P42 looked interesting if you're into modern passenger stuff
Michael t Kerner
Collinsville, IL

Posted from Android

Date: 05/30/20 05:32
Author: mkerner

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
> WAF Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ExactRail has been very quiet
>
> Yes, looks like a slow year for them.  Only one
> model so far for 2020, Thrall Coil Cars announced
> in January and due "Summer 2020".
>
> 2019 was a fairly slow year for ER with only 2 HO
> (Evans 5277 boxcar and Berwick 7440 60' Applicance
> boxcar) and 2 N scale models offered (Evans 5277
> boxcar and Autoflood II coal car).

Exactrail started out strong, but then they fell in a boxcar rut,kinda like Tangent with ancient tank cars. I bet Tangent was suprised how fast thier B&O caboose sold.
Michael t Kerner
Collinsville, IL

Posted from Android

Date: 05/30/20 05:40

The very early Tangent tank cars are a curious break from the date range of the majority of offerings. I have heard a small number of hobbyists complain about the lack of early 1900s rolling stock but didn't think there was enough for RTR plastic runs. Maybe that era is more popular than I thought.

Cheers, Jim

Posted from Android

Date: 05/30/20 09:06
Author: trackplanner

>Quite disappointed with Exactrail.   When they first came around, they promised "over 200 all-new freight car models."    Rather, they have been dwindling more and more each year. 

Their quality talent has long since departed and along with them went production it seems. Every month it's the same old, same old cars being announced....

Date: 05/31/20 06:57
Author: nathan314

Doing the whole working from home thing, I've really been enjoying Athearn's weekly product discussions.  I was actually surprised how disappointed I was when they cancelled last Tuesday's and then how much I was looking forward to last Friday's.  It's a nice thing that I hope they continue doing (and that I can continue to find a way to continue watching when I have to go back to the office).

Nathan Beauheim
Loveland, CO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.07 seconds