Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Model Railroading > Looking for HO switch lamps

Date: 06/05/20 14:48
Looking for HO switch lamps
Author: pennsy3750

Does anyone make switch stand lanterns, similar to what's in the photo below?  I'm just looking for the lantern portion, not the entire switch stand.  Ideally I'd like something big enough that it can be drilled out so small lamp or fiber optic can be stuffed inside.  Does such a thing exist in HO?  The Caboose Industries ones are not what I am looking for.

Date: 06/05/20 15:29
Re: Looking for HO switch lamps
Author: me

Overland Brass had them in the past, not sure of current availability. Rapido Railcrew has them in plastic. Illuminating them sounds like a challenge.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/05/20 16:34
Author: octrax

You can go to Tomar at: tomarindustries.com On their website, go to "Signals" and look for HO H-#851. There is a small tube with a LED bulb with wire leads already inserted into the signal head with the red & green lenses, so the only hole you'll need to drill is into your layout. I have that ground switch that came with a brass tube inserted at the base with a small piece of wood wedged inside it to hold the wires in place. You can remove that piece of wood to take out that LED if you want to use your own fiber optic lighting.

Date: 06/05/20 22:07
Author: SP4360

And Engine House Services LLC makes an adapter that slips over a Tortoise machine to make the lamp rotate with the throw of the switch. 

Date: 06/06/20 07:24
Author: jburek

I have used these from Tomar Industries & they are pretty good - available in tall & short switch stands.

Date: 06/06/20 08:38
Author: spsunset

Date: 06/07/20 13:15
Author: zoohogger

I got some from shapeways. HO scale is pretty small for lighting, but I am old and have big sausagey fingers.

Date: 06/09/20 00:56
Author: SP4360

That's the one. I have roughly 40 of these with the Tomar switchlamps on my layout, they work great. Since I model SP, I remove the red and white targets from the lamps and had Tomar replace the red lens with yellow for my yard lamps.

spsunset Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe this is it
> https://enginehouseservices.com/model-railroad/ehs
> -action-link-mounting-bracket-and-linkage-for-tort
> oise-machine-to-animate-tomar-illuminated/

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.046 seconds