Home Open Account Help 226 users online

Model Railroading > HO Intermountain Bi-Level Modern Autoracks - New run

Date: 06/25/20 12:06
HO Intermountain Bi-Level Modern Autoracks - New run
Author: brfriedm

So the long awaited for some, HO Intermountain Bi-Level Autoracks are finally out. It has been 7 years since the last release and the long delay on this announcement was due to the infamous shut down of that factory in China where many manufactuers lost their factory and everyone had to scramble to find a new home. I do not know who is manufacturing for Intermountain but the end result to me looks excellent. The biggest issue with the prior releases was the poor fit of the metal stamped panels on the sides. These cars are expensive and that was a real bummer for some. The great news here is this is not an issue with this new release as the panels are installed perfectly and look great. The car is expensive, $96.95 list price. The end doors can be opened but I do think this area could use improvement and the openings are abit large but does not take away from the look of the car. These 2 schemes I purchased are very common on CSX's Philly sub and are on the newer side as they only started showing up in the last few years. The BNSF cars are all orange and look very distinctive and I have always liked the Ferromax grey and red.

Bruce

Date: 06/25/20 12:09
Re: HO Intermountain Bi-Level Modern Autoracks - New run

One other note. These come with metal wheels and scale kadee couplers. I run large autorack trains and these cars do track well in a large train.

Bruce

Date: 06/25/20 12:11

Last shots

Stay healthy  Bruce

Date: 06/25/20 12:14

Many roads in the this run FYI. 

https://www.intermountain-railway.com/new.html

Date: 06/25/20 13:19
Author: SPDRGWfan

Those do look excellent! 

I pre-ordered one of the SP racks this time around at street price $72.  Should be here in the next day or so.

The only other IMRC rack I have is the WP auto-carrier from the last run a few years back.  The panels are bowed.  I believe someone, might have been Harry, who pulled each panel out on one of these and straightened them.  A slow and painstaking process.

Cheers, Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/20 13:26 by SPDRGWfan.

Date: 06/25/20 16:08
Author: RRBMail

SHARP! Nothing looks like metal better than metal!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/20 16:08 by RRBaron.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.056 seconds