Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Model Railroading > Fox valley train engines

Date: 07/05/20 13:40
Fox valley train engines
Author: Highhood

N scale only. Either dc or dcc. How do they run compared to kato ? How do they look ?

Posted from Android

Date: 07/05/20 16:03
Re: Fox valley train engines
Author: tehachapifan

I have their N scale GP60M and B as well as their ES44AC and they look and run every bit as good as a Kato, in my opinion. Mine started-out as DC units that I have since added decoders to, so I can only speak to their DC units.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/20 16:04 by tehachapifan.

Date: 07/05/20 16:32
Author: BNSF20

I have both 4 and 6 axle locomotives all dc and they look and run great and have excellent detail. They are slower running than an Kato, about the same as an Atlas. Paint detail is outstanding and as far as putting in dcc, these are supposed to be among the easiest locomotives to do so. The gp60 locomotives I have, have railroad specific details, which is great. I have 6 FVM locomotives and the one that I had running issues with and I sent back was replaced free of charge even after the warranty had expired. Instead of a bill all I received was a note that said "enjoy". Turn around time was about a week, so I can say the service is fantastic.
Ralph

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/20 16:34 by BNSF20.

Date: 07/06/20 20:49
Author: kscessnadriver

I've got probably at least 25 of the FVM N scale locomotives. 11 SD70ACes, 10+ GEVOs and then probably close to 10 GP60's (GP60/60/60M). They all run great, but they're not going to be slot car fast like a Kato. Good detail, very easy to add DCC to with an NEM651 6 pin decoder. I've even added sound to one unit with a 6 pin Zimo decoder, was a simple install.

They're not super easy to find these days, but they're great little locomotives and I can only hope FVM gets things rolling and puts more product out.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds