Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Model Railroading > Texas & Pacific Sunshine Special West Texas Section

Date: 07/27/20 00:58
Texas & Pacific Sunshine Special West Texas Section
Author: neildahl

Train #11, The Sunshine Special West Texas Section, headed by #332 adds to it's consist a Pullman Sleeper for the longer run to El Paso.
Enjoy!
Neil

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/27/20 10:19
Re: Texas & Pacific Sunshine Special West Texas Section
Author: Barstool

Neil....That is one large fleet of 2-10-4's, did you add extra weight to the 4-6-0 to handle that heavy weights?...

Date: 07/27/20 17:07
Author: WrongWayMurphy

It'll probably need a helper up Baird Hill.

Date: 07/27/20 17:19
Author: wabash2800

I asked Neil about the ten-wheeler via private mail here at Trainorders and he said it was made by GEM in the 60s. My reply was that certainly had to have been reworked.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

The ten Wheeler was made by GEM in the sixty's.
Barstool Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Neil....That is one large fleet of 2-10-4's, did
> you add extra weight to the 4-6-0 to handle that
> heavy weights?...

Date: 07/27/20 19:55
Author: MojaveBill

That poor fireman still can't make it across the gap and into the cab...

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 07/27/20 20:26
Author: neildahl

Bar stool,
When I had it apart to make it run better, I was able to cram in .5 ounce of weight above the center driver.
On these engines the delicate details become problems if not attended to. Tender trucks that actually have separate a bolster, side frames, and are sprung must have good electrical contact. During the painting process... paint bleeding into these contact points create major problems. Add to that getting paint into the axle bearings and bearing to frame contact surfaces on the loco, painted bearings, and springs complete the headache. While correcting these issues, polishing the rods and making sure the springs are in their grooves on the axles when assembling end up with a engine one enjoys running.

Date: 07/28/20 11:16
Author: Barstool

Neil....your report on the work done to the 4-6-0 says it all...Every engine i bought had some kind of problem to be solved  and TLC was the key to keeping these gems running...I bought three Sunset SP 2-8-2's that had terrible trucks on the tender and the tender was solderd and no weight could be added, soI dripped holes in the tender and dropped BB's to gve the tender added weight as it was constanty derailing, as it turned out,  i found a pair of tender trucksand switched them on and the engine now runs well, this was the same roblem with the other two 28-2's..I've looked for years for more Sunset SP 2-8-2's but have never seen them around...These engines had great detail and were veryclose to the MK4's that SP roostered....

Date: 07/29/20 15:10
Author: original

Pity the passengers that have to jump from car to car !

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0409 seconds