Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Model Railroading > Chased the Monocacy Branch switcher today

Date: 07/31/20 06:44
Chased the Monocacy Branch switcher today
Author: fritzrr

The Monocacy Branch is a new section on my fictional Chessie System Broken Tomber Sub. I ran the switcher last night and took some cell phone photos like a couple friends were out railfanning. Hope you enjoy.

Fritz in MD

Photo 1: Got there late, train was already switching ITBNL, Inc. The Geep really groans as it goes up the short grade.
Photo 2: My buddy shot from the street end.
Photo 3: After working the one trailing point siding the crew picks up therest of the train and drops the caboose to make the runaround so they can work the facing point sidings.

Date: 07/31/20 07:06
Re: Chased the Monocacy Branch switcher today
Author: icancmp193

Whose Chevy long-bed pick-up is that in photo #3?

TJY

Date: 07/31/20 17:07

The Chevy pick up is a John Tyson resin casting, sells on Ebay under Onequiknova (I think). My dad bought a '64 from a junkyard about '72, drove it home, my mom cried. It was rough. My brother and I were riding in the bed, he pulled up to a stop light, it was smoking so bad the car next to us rolled his windows up!

If you can't find it on ebay, search the 1/87 Vehicle Modelers website http://www.1-87vehicles.org/ he sodes some very noce stuff!

Fritz in MD

Date: 07/31/20 07:23

Photo 4: The air in the cab is getting foul. Seems some know nothing numb nuts green horn condustor left an empty on the team track and the engines can't clear the points of the run around. Engineer Ol'Red is cursing up a storm because of all the extra moves they have to make. So much for an early quit.
Photo 5: The offending car has been moved over, now they can clear the points. All the emptys are grabbed.
Photo 6: Swapping cars at Peerless Confections goes quickly.

Ok, figured it out. I downloaded the photos in Pixlr X, turded the auto rotate off (?), saved them then re loaded to TO.

Love the comments though!

Fritz in MD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/20 11:25 by fritzrr.

Date: 07/31/20 09:04
Author: spsunset

How do you get the engine and cars to stay on the track.

Thanks for sharing.

Date: 07/31/20 10:03
Author: SPDRGWfan

spsunset Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do you get the engine and cars to stay on the
> track.
>
> Thanks for sharing.
>  

Super magna traction?

Date: 07/31/20 10:13
Author: Rmosele

spsunset Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do you get the engine and cars to stay on the
> track.
>
> Thanks for sharing.
>  
Maybe Monocacy is in Australia.

Date: 07/31/20 07:28

Work is done, cab on the rear of the train and Ol'Red is ready for a beer or three!

No idea how the two photos in the last post ended up upside down, I flipped them on my computer, they still downloaded as upside down. If someone can tell me how to fix I'll be on it.
Fritz in MD

Date: 07/31/20 09:03
Author: Matt_Gidley

Nice work on the GMC kit!

Date: 07/31/20 12:46
Author: ChrisCampi

Nice sets. Like the car weathering and the stake bed. Love the subtle elevation change in the spur and the overall atmosphere. Thanks for sharing.

Date: 08/03/20 06:14
Author: mtzctrain

Awesome looking layout! Do you have an overall view showing what your track plan looks like?
  -Caleb

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0431 seconds