Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Model Railroading > 53' container compatibility

Date: 08/03/20 16:43
53' container compatibility
Author: mcdeo

I see where Rapdio trains is re-running their 53' containers: https://rapidotrains.com/products/ho-scale/freight-cars/ho-scale-53-high-cube-containers

I do not have any of the Rapido ones and was wondering what people are seeing with the different containers out there in terms of compatibility. I know the Walthers ones usually don't line up with other manufacturers, which is a follow up quesiton, what is the fix to get those to work with others? 

The Athearn, ST ones I have work interchangably, so was curious if the Rapido ones are also easy to mix-n-match. I also don't have any Kato (HO scale discussion), or IM ones, but curious how they all work together (or not). 

Thank you for the information and assistance.

Mike ONeill
Parker, CO

Date: 08/03/20 22:23
Re: 53' container compatibility
Author: SantaFeRuss

I have Atlas, Athearn, Walthers,Scale Trains, Intermountain/A Line and Concor containers. They all match up except the Concor containers. The pins are opposite from the others on the Concor ones.Basically the Concor containers have the holes on the bottom of the containers where all the others have the pins on the bottom. What few Concors I had are all retired now except a couple . Before retirement I had installed "pins" where the holes were on the Concors. It worked.

SantaFeRuss

Date: 08/09/20 08:33
Author: navarch2

THE BEST WAS TO ASSURE STACKING COMPATIBILITY, IS TO GLUE RARE EARTH MAGNETS TO THE FLOOR OF EVERY CONTAINER AND GLUE A STEEL PLATE IN THE TOP OF ALL CONTAINERS

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPLOCK....cat stepped on keyboard...lol

Bob

Date: 08/09/20 08:46
Author: SPDRGWfan

Baaaad kitty!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0267 seconds