Home Open Account Help 230 users online

Model Railroading > G scale simulated metal siding - question

Date: 09/09/20 09:43
G scale simulated metal siding - question
Author: mile250

Several online sellers offer JTP Plastics Design # 97405 "G scale corrugated metal siding." But none show what the material is (styrene, ABS?) or the dimensions of the pieces, or whether the price is for one piece or a package of several. Very frustrating. Can anyone provide a clue? I have not found a working "contact us" link.

Date: 09/10/20 16:01
Re: G scale simulated metal siding - question
Author: HB90MACH

I did the google search looking for the manufactuerer and found nothing. Which was odd.   Yet like you, I found sellers.  I figured at least maybe find a distributer.   Nothing.  Which is wierd.  I did find JTT cross labeled a lot  and am wondering if it is one i. The same company but the last T in JTT means terrian and JTP means plastic.      Best i can say is find the cheapest one at a known rebutiple  dealer, buy one, and see what you get.  At least in this hobby you can always find something do use scratchbuilding supplies for.    I find it strange there is a lot of sellers but yet nothing about it anywhere

Shane

Date: 09/10/20 16:18
Author: scrimjimmy

Found this info:Our complete range of embossed styrene plastic sheets can be used to create
roofing, flooring, siding, rock, stone, metal plate and other architectural parts.
The sheets are demanded by architectural firms and hobbyists for their accurate,
embossed detailing and versatility.Size 7.5" x 12"  2pc, thickness: 0.5mm

James Bartelt
Port Washington, WI
Metro Model Railroad Club, Ltd

Date: 09/13/20 08:35
Author: mile250

Thanks. Very helpful. I checked out the website. The very last item shown is 1:32 siding; all previous listings for "G" were 1:24 or 1:22. It looks like modern (angled) siding rather than the older ("wave") form siding. I'm also trying to get info on Evergreen products, which provide some confusing dimensions for their details.

Date: 09/13/20 08:54
Author: Lighter

> I'm also trying to get
> info on Evergreen products, which provide some
> confusing dimensions for their details.

What is it that you are finding confusing on their website? Their corrugated siding is not offered by scale. Rather by spacing. The widest spacing would scale to 3" waves in 1:24. Available in 6" X 12" and 12" X 24" which are their common sheet sizes. Since the material is milled out of stock that is only 0.040" thick this would be a very shallow corrugation. I don't think the Evergreen stuff would look like corrugated siding that we commonly picture in our minds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/20 08:57 by Lighter.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2273 seconds