Home Open Account Help 266 users online

Model Railroading > More Covid op sessions on the PRR

Date: 09/16/20 09:37
More Covid op sessions on the PRR
Author: bobdavis

This virus business has meant no operating sessions for our local group since February, so I've continued to run solos on my own railroad since then.  Not nearly as much fun as sessions with the regular crew but at least they keep the rust off the rails.  Two pics from recent "solos" are attached - first a westbound ore train with three Alco FA/B's and 23 hoppers loaded with very ore-like fine sifted rock from the local area, and second the BM-11 local freight heading up the Rockland Branch with nine cars for the local customers.  An empty hopper and boxcar were switched behind the cabin car earlier to make it easier to work a sawmill just ahead.  I sure hope we can get back to regular model railroading one of these days, especially with another long Wyoming winter not too far away.

Bob
Thayne, WY  

Date: 09/16/20 09:41
Re: More Covid op sessions on the PRR
Author: retcsxcfm

Nice scenery.

Uncle Joe

Date: 09/16/20 09:56
Author: SPDRGWfan

PRR in Wyoming and nice scenes!  I'm working on D&RGW in Virginia but still working on subroadbed and track laying.

Date: 09/16/20 10:34
Author: King_Coal

Always glad to see your posts. The ore train in the cut is very nice.

Date: 09/16/20 11:55
Author: hartrick24

Hey Bob, other than you is there anyone else in your county to have a opp session?

Steve H...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/20 14:56 by hartrick24.

Date: 09/16/20 14:27
Author: bobdavis

A friend a short distance from our place has a large layout based on Cajon Pass in California and also hosts op sessions.  Another fellow is currently building a layout based on the Colorado Midland in the early 20th century, and also plans on having sessions when the railroad gets to that point.  So there's a few of us out here, anyway.  

Bob  

Date: 09/16/20 14:57
Author: hartrick24

That's good, to have a few different layouts to run on...

Steve H...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0401 seconds