Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Model Railroading > HO Scale Decal Sizing question

Date: 10/09/20 22:20
HO Scale Decal Sizing question
Author: CT97

In order to make a correct sized Logo or item into HO Decal size,,what percentage would a 1:1 item need to be reduced to to be correct?
I`m working on some of the New Iconic Replicas Flxible buses in HO Scale and am trying to make correct sized signs for that era.

I have full sized items like the Side RTD Logo,,the period correct "GRID" sign that was in the front,and also numerous "Dash Signs" that i`d like to use.

Thank You for any Help
Phil

Date: 10/09/20 22:26
Re: HO Scale Decal Sizing question
Author: RRBMail

Ah, another smoggy day in old LA...

Date: 10/10/20 01:03
Author: dwatry

What did the GRID sign mean?

Date: 10/10/20 01:57
Author: Lighter

CT97 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In order to make a correct sized Logo or item into
> HO Decal size, what percentage would a 1:1 item
> need to be reduced to be correct?

1:87.5

Date: 10/10/20 06:12
Author: CNW

When I do CAD drawings for model railroad projects, I always draw in actual size.  Then I print everything at .01143 of actual size for HO scale.

1 divided by 87.5 = .01142875

Dennis 

Date: 10/10/20 09:25
Author: trackplanner

>What did the GRID sign mean?

Not too long after I hired out as a bus operater (driver in RTD terminology), the company received tons of federal money to expand transportation across the LA Basin (we operated in five counties back then) all at a reduced base fare of 25 cents intead of the 35 cent base fare plus distance increments. Sundays were only 10 cents. This was to encourage ridership, especially in the low income areas. The GRID system was implemented to put buses on every major street in South LA, most of which were straight and perpendicular to each other forming a grid pattern. It sure did wonders for my seniority....

Date: 10/10/20 16:45
Author: barrydraper

Turbocad allows me to enter 1:87.5  and prints in HO scale (with original drawn full size).
Barry Draper

Date: 10/10/20 17:16
Author: CT97

A lot of trouble I`m going to have is having to use photographs to get what I need,since I wasn`t able to do it "The Kinkos Way" as I had envisioned.
Going to have to trial and error it through.
There was a lot I was going for like the Olympics Logo,,the Fare Payment side sign,Various Dash Signs,BEEP decals, and other things I wanted to scale down.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0536 seconds