Home Open Account Help 267 users online

Model Railroading > HO Trainworx 40' trailers out & new dropframes announced

Date: 10/17/20 14:00
HO Trainworx 40' trailers out & new dropframes announced
Author: SPDRGWfan

Trainworx has finally released the HO grocery 40' trailers after a long delay.  The City Market are particularly good for Rio Grande modelers as they were regulars on TOFC trains serving City Market grocery stores along the system.  I shopped at one in Aspen Colorado as a teen.  The others were commonly seen on TOFC trains as well.  We had Alpha Beta grocery stores in Davis CA where I grew up.  Interestingly, the Santa Fe seem to be going the fastest.  I preordered 9 trailers from one vendor back in April and Santa Fe is the only he couldn't provide.  MBK appears not to have gotten any either.  They are out there if you hunt.

Trainworx has recently announced another run of the HO drop frames, this time with more railroad names.  I found a D&RGW 45' drop frame in my Rio Grande color guide; not sure if they had any 40 footers.

Cheers,
Jim

Date: 10/17/20 17:05
Re: HO Trainworx 40' trailers out & new dropframes announced
Author: WAF

Let's see. Took 3 years for the reefers. Expect these in 2023?

Date: 10/17/20 18:16
Author: SPDRGWfan

WAF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's see. Took 3 years for the reefers. Expect
> these in 2023?

And? Sour grapes for supper today? As my wife's mother used to say, you get what you are given. Though delayed I am glad these finally made it out. Hopefully the factory Trainworx relies on won't shut down like AFFA did. Cheers.

Posted from Android

Date: 10/17/20 18:41
Author: atsf121

I remember AlphaBeta. While the don’t fit my timeframe, those do look interesting.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/21/20 11:35
Author: bnsfsd70

Glad that these have finally made it out!  I just placed an order with a local dealer for a pair of them.  The next step is to track down some decent files of this vintage Hy-Vee logo so I can get some decals made.

- Jeff Carlson

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.035 seconds