Home Open Account Help 266 users online

Model Railroading > PRR "Clockers" are coming !

Date: 11/20/20 12:37
PRR "Clockers" are coming !
Author: original

The Coach Yard announces the PRR  1941 to 1948  "departure" trains from Philadelphia to New York - TCY1890
Also TCY1891 is the "1952 - 1968" version.
They were referred as "Clockers" because the ran on the hour !
There will be 40 individual cars available - Reserve at your favorite Coach Yard Store

Date: 11/20/20 21:58
Re: PRR "Clockers" are coming !
Author: RRBMail

One of the rather least interesting trains to model I would say. 

Date: 11/21/20 05:10
Author: birdman

RRBaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One of the rather least interesting trains to
> model I would say. 
Couldn't disagree more.  If they were N Scale, I would have three complete sets to run behind Kato GG1s.

Date: 11/21/20 13:39
Author: RuleG

I'm not a Pennsy modeler, but if I were, I would not be modeling the line on which the Clockers ran.  That said, I think this is a great protoype for modeling because they were typical of the trains being operated by PRR on this section of its system.  Yes, the Broadway Limited and the Spirit of St. Louis may have been more exciting/glamorous and other trains which picked up and set off cars en route may be more interesting operationally.  However, I think there is also a case to be made for modeling the typical, rather than the exceptional.  Additionally, the Clockers' shorter train consist length makes them suited to more layouts.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/20 18:55 by RuleG.

Date: 11/21/20 18:33
Author: MC6853

I'll agree the typical gets ignored in any era, which is unfortunate if that's what you want to model...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds