Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Model Railroading > Autorack train on Grand Road

Date: 11/24/20 10:02
Autorack train on Grand Road
Author: grandroad

Being the Grand Road Owner and CEO as well as company photographer I shot the PODNAR (Portland to Denver Autoracks) at various staged location on the railroad behind the Terror Creek Depot and on a bridge west of the depot.
Thanks for looking.

Paul Brennecke
Golden, CO

Date: 11/24/20 10:52
Re: Autorack train on Grand Road
Author: Kemacprr

The contrail in the first picture is a great idea I have never seen on a layout before  !  Well done !! -  Ken 

Date: 11/24/20 13:47
Author: bobdavis

Those clouds are amazing!  Are they photo backdrops?

Bob

Date: 11/24/20 15:39
Author: 55002

Stunning scenery. Enjoying all these uploads. Chris uk.

Date: 11/24/20 21:19
Author: grandroad

Bob, they are photoshopped in. I have a valence which means the flood lights are reasonably low. They cast shadows of the trees on the backdrop. So I tried removing the shadows with PSE and after about ten tree shadows I said why don't you just put a new sky in. It's kind of fun to go out and shoot clouds and watch people wonder what the heck is that guy doing.

Paul Brennecke
Golden, CO

Date: 11/25/20 04:22
Author: BigDave

I still think you ought to paint the walls green, then greenscreen in MOVINIG clouds for your videos! (^_^)

Date: 11/25/20 05:08
Author: BNSF20

Wow! looks fantastic. I agree the contrail is a nice touch. Thanks for showing me what can be done in N scale as that's what I am now building my new layout in.
Ralph

Date: 11/25/20 07:02
Author: binder001

REally inspiring work!  Your layout looks fantastic.  Your scenery is a delight to see in photos.  Your paint scheme on those diesels is very attractive.

Gary B.
Waverly, NE

Date: 11/25/20 13:41
Author: wabash2800

Thanks for sharing your wonderful modeling. Just think. Someday, modelers may have continious lighted backdrops like big screen TV, but seamless... Perhaps it's already here but too expensive for even a small model railroad.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/20 16:40 by wabash2800.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0411 seconds