Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Model Railroading > P2K FA1 DCC question

Date: 11/24/20 16:09
P2K FA1 DCC question
Author: Charls

Hi all, I have a bluebox P2K FA1 withthe dcc ready module at the back, I plugged in an ESU micro in the socket, all is good, the only think the headlight lights up in reverse, I didnt touch any other wire so I am baffle as why the lights would be reverse when the trlltle shows the right direction, anyone as an explaination of the module or could tell me where to rewire the headlight, there is no back light so I could just see where that one would have been wired
Thanks
Charls

Date: 11/24/20 17:11
Re: P2K FA1 DCC question
Author: RRBMail

Bluebox?

Date: 11/24/20 19:49
Author: ChrisCampi

So, to clarify. With throttle set to forward, loco goes forward. Is the headlight also on when loco goes forward? If so the headlight is on regardless of which direction the locomotive is traveling?

Date: 11/25/20 09:03
Author: trackplanner

P2K diesel boxes were also blue (not to be confused with the Athearn blue boxes).

Date: 11/25/20 09:04
Author: wnehoc

I've seen some goofy wiring, so it wouldn't surprise me if the lighting wiring through the DCC plug was reversed.  When I put a decoder in the FA's, I removed the factory board and wired everything straight to the decoder.

That said, you can probably avoid rewiring by just adjusting the CVs so the light comes on when you want it too (which, if the wiring is backwards, would be to have the headlight come on "reverse.")  Given that its a cab unit, you could just have it on no matter the direction.

I'm not sure if its a DCC standard or not, but for Soundtraxx and TCS decoders, the CVs are in the neighborhood of CVs 49 - 52.

Best of luck to you.

Date: 11/25/20 16:45
Author: Charls

The trottle show fwd, the engine goes in fwd but the headlight lightup only in reverse, I know that is probably just a question of changing the headlight connection but there is not instructions on the board, it has many unused connections points so I dont want to test risking to burn the bulboff of having a shortm so I was hoping someone that gone thru that could tell me which wire to change where

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/20 17:52 by Charls.

Date: 11/25/20 19:57
Author: ChrisCampi

White wire SHOULD be front headlight. Yellow wire SHOULD be rear headlight. But who knows what you've got in front of you.  A thought. Is you decoder new or used? If used, try resetting it. If new you can try looking up the manual to see if there is something you can change in lighting. Pretty easy with Tsunami's, not so much with ESU in my experience unless you have a programmer. Hopefully someone else can help you with that.

Also Facebook has a very good ESU group that could help you if you do that sort of thing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.038 seconds