Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Model Railroading > Walthers New Turnouts

Date: 11/27/20 11:05
Walthers New Turnouts
Author: AVR3001

Arrival date for Walthers new turnouts set back again, now January 28.

Date: 11/27/20 13:50
Re: Walthers New Turnouts
Author: BoilingMan

Jan 2028?
SR

Date: 11/27/20 15:57
Author: dxm332

Many shipments from the far east are being held up by a massive log jam of containers in west coast ports. Just read an article describing how many mid sized toy manufacturers have most of thier Christmas product stuck in L.A.
Likely all that walthers knows is the date the container left the factory and when the shipping co. guess it will get to walthers. The congestion in the ports has been getting worse.

Recently there was a link posted on trainorder to an article concerning how a shortage of empty containers is impacting American exporters. This shortage is exasperated by the ports delays.

Clogged container ports are not just a problem here, the United kingdoms largest container terminal, felixstowe, is clogged and is having a major Meltdown

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/20 15:59 by dxm332.

Date: 11/27/20 22:34
Author: DevalDragon

Shame they b can't just make everything in the good ol' USA like MicroTrains and Soundtraxx do!

Date: 11/28/20 08:50
Author: inyosub

OT... sort of ... but wonder how the container backlog affects the latest container
of ScaleTrains stuff. I have one of the BackPacker well car sets on order. (maybe other stuff
I don't recall too lol) and They have the container marked as on the water and pushed
the bill date to Monday the 30th. I think*  there was some mention that container was 
going to an east coast port. Maybe bypassing the congestion? Not sure where I saw that.

Date: 11/28/20 13:41
Author: PHall

DevalDragon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Shame they b can't just make everything in the
> good ol' USA like MicroTrains and Soundtraxx do!

Sure, just double the price because us Americans won't work for cheap.

Date: 11/28/20 16:35
Author: SPDRGWfan

PHall Wrote:
> DevalDragon Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Shame they b can't just make everything in the
> > good ol' USA like MicroTrains and Soundtraxx
> do!
>
> Sure, just double the price because us Americans
> won't work for cheap.

There is a reason most of our model RR stuff is made over seas.  I've read that Iphones would be about 3x the cost if they were made here.

Date: 11/28/20 21:18
Author: dh1205

DevalDragon Wrote:
> Shame they b can't just make everything in the
> good ol' USA like MicroTrains and Soundtraxx do!

It's great that some companies like Kadee and MicroTrains can produce items over here.  Their products are relatively easy to assemble so that may be why they can keep their prices down. But it's still great they are made here. Assembled in the USA is a better way to describe Soundtraxx products. Most of the components used to make the decoders are made overseas and a pick and place machine assembles them. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.034 seconds