Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Model Railroading > Online Hobby Shops

Date: 01/15/21 12:42
Online Hobby Shops
Author: texchief1

Who has the best online hobby shop for both N and Ho?

Thanks.

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/21 13:24 by texchief1.

Date: 01/15/21 14:13
Re: Online Hobby Shops
Author: bnsftcdiv

Not in any order of preference-they all get my business....depending on what I am looking for.

Spring Creek Model Trains
Enginehouse Services
Hiawatha Hobbies
Lombard Hobbies
Yankee Dabbler
White Rose Hobbies

Dave Burman
modeling the modern Twincities
Trempealeau, WI

Date: 01/15/21 14:28
Author: rkb

Midwest Model Railroad out of Independence, MO is my current favorite. They often send my order within an hour or two and notify me by email.

Date: 01/15/21 14:45
Author: mully

I’ve used

Lombards
MB Klein

Gary

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/15/21 14:54
Author: TomG

Mark Twain Hobbies does a good jobs as well.

Date: 01/15/21 15:00
Author: Highhood

Mb klein has best prices and after you have bought a certain amount the shipping is free

I also use lombards - midwest models - plaza japan and newhall station.

PLEASE NOTE. I run only japanese style trains which is why plaza japan is included

Jon Fink
Schenectady, NY

Date: 01/15/21 15:01
Author: tuxedorailfan

My first choice the last couple of years has been Lombard. Second is Hiawatha. Lombard's pricing, fast shipping, and customer service is Phenominal. Hiawatha is essentially the same in those reguards, but they usually have a great "sale" inventory from time to time.

Date: 01/15/21 15:35
Author: jimbertone

AA Hobbies RI

Jim Bertone
Quincy, MA

Date: 01/15/21 18:12
Author: BNSF-E9

I've used Spring Creek with great success.  Nitro Hobby &  Craft Center, Nitro, WV.,,most excellent. 

Date: 01/15/21 21:37
Author: UP951West

Spring Creek Model Trains is my favorite. --Kelly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/21 21:37 by UP951West.

Date: 01/16/21 05:42
Author: SPDRGWfan

I order from Spring Creek, Modeltrainstuff and Lombards. Also direct from ScaleTrains, Exactrail and Moloco. Ebay often supplies items sold out at the afore mentioned vendors.

Cheers,
Jim

Date: 01/16/21 06:39
Author: MrMRL

For a more Canadian leaning flair, Otter Valley Railroad is a pretty good online source.

~ Mr. MRL

Date: 01/16/21 08:11

MrMRL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For a more Canadian leaning flair, Otter Valley
> Railroad is a pretty good online source.
>
> ~ Mr. MRL

I just did business with Otter Valley for the first time late last November.  They were one of the very few places I could still find some Peco electrofrog #6 turnouts which are now discontinued in favor of the Unifrog (which can short the same way as the insulfrog when wider metal tread wheels bridge the rails of opposing polarity).  Otter Valley shipped quickly and not to their fault, it took quite a while for the USPS to get them to me after passing the border of the "great white north".  

Date: 01/16/21 10:54
Author: jtwlunch

For N i've been using HogzTrains in NJ and I live in Houston.  I use some of the others listed when they are out of stock.  Some Kato wiring components have been hard to get anywhere lately.

Date: 01/16/21 11:25
Author: CaliforniaSteamin

Trainworld
Hiawatha Hobbies
Hogtrainz

Date: 01/16/21 13:08

CaliforniaSteamin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Trainworld
> Hiawatha Hobbies
> Hogtrainz

I"ve ordered from those 3 too, but not as often.  Trainworld and Hiawatha Hobbies has had a few items I happened to find and ordered from them a few times.  Hiawatha, for example, had the Athearn Fruehauf 40' Z vans long after everyone else was sold out of the 2-packs, so I managed to get a bunch from them, even after Athearn started charging 2-pack prices for singles  Trainworld has had a few odd things that found that others were out of too.  As for Hogtrainz, I've done some pre-orders with them so far.

Date: 01/16/21 13:19
Author: Burlington67

MB Klein is best to other places mention all have some kind of issues they seem to have  Hogztrain can' t seem to ship correct items last 2 times I reccevied wrong items, Hiwaitha is never up to date or current to me, Enginehouse has a very strange web site to hard to look something up, Lombards seem to behind being current and and shipping seems high if you want a few items ,  one I have not seen listed is ToyTrain Heaven they seem to be a couple dollars higher then MB Klein  , their more web sites out their but MB Kleins seems to have best prices always  this how I feel about this issue.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0469 seconds