Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Model Railroading > ACF Waffle cars by moloco-taking reservations

Date: 03/01/21 16:02
ACF Waffle cars by moloco-taking reservations
Author: kangaroose

Hi folks,

It's been a busy few weeks getting a lot of projects moving and I realized I didn't even have time to announce the ACF waffle cars on Trainorders. We are taking reservations fo these until the 20th of March. We are looking forward to these since they start ball rolling for our ACF product range of fifty-foot boxcars. These are the 1973-1974 design with some cool cars in thei release. We have original C&EI cars that have two different return route stencils, for Orange TX or Valliant , OK. They were pooled with TOE, MP and SLSF cars and nationwide with other similar ACF cars without waffles. Note that we have found three images of CEI cars that have been re-stencilled into MP. All uniquely patched and lettered from each other. Likewise the BN we have two lettering variations, one with standard BN lettering and the other with the ex-Frisco shops in SPringfield numbers and reporting marks, a nice twist to the cars. Another first producing a delivery scheme of the super popular T&OE scheme with red and yellow stripes. TOE is a railraod owned by Weyerhaueser and connected to their Valliant plant in Oklahoma.

These cars carried paperboard it's the raw material that produced the corrugated cardboard boxes that we all take for granted. So you can imagine all the conversion companies that received these cars and they usually went in packs together, so you could easily see all the scheme running together.

ENjoy, Nick Molo, owner, moloco.

https://www.molocotrains.com/collections/freight-cars/ACF

Date: 03/01/21 16:04
Re: ACF Waffle cars by moloco-taking reservations

Well here are the other schemes.

Date: 03/02/21 00:38
Author: rbx551985

These will fill a nich in what many modelers have wanted for some time; they look great.  It also occurs to me that the FRISCO car, if someone had the decals, could substitute as a Utah Belt car with that same color paint.

Date: 03/02/21 05:33
Author: wictl

I already have my order in.  This one will hurt my pocketbook.

Darin Umlauft
A WC, SOO and GBW fan in Slinger, WI

Date: 03/02/21 10:52
Author: PasadenaSub

Looks like the same style of MP Waffle Box that MrMRL has caught a couple of times in Norwalk, CA:

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,5185276

Maybe Robby will make a replica of his sighting - Moloco will offer these as an Undecorated Kit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/21 10:53 by PasadenaSub.

Date: 03/02/21 15:08

Yep, undec kit as well.

Date: 03/02/21 18:15
Author: gandydancer4

Who makes decals for the undecs?

Date: 03/03/21 12:32
Author: inyosub

My order should be in. I luv the TO&E scheme. Alothough I like it better on the 
earlier cars; It's the same basic 2 two stripes and with these we get Waffles. 
Who doesn't like Waffles? Bring on the syrup.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0434 seconds