Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Model Railroading > I have a Digitrax Zephyr DC52A

Date: 04/13/21 06:32
I have a Digitrax Zephyr DC52A
Author: nsscot

just wondering it does say in instructions that can only run 1 DC unit on the track.... i have sound which i use  .. question can you mu up to 3 DC units or does it say what it says only ! unit can be used.. didn't try more then that.  so has any one tried a couple or so  dont want to fry it.

thanks
Don

Date: 04/13/21 07:11
Re: I have a Digitrax Zephyr DC52A
Author: sp8234

It means 1 train only. I have run 1-3 DC engines on a train at one time. They do not sound good when running & I don't know how long they run until dead. (if) 
I do not know anyone that has killed a loco.
I don't do it all the time.

Tim
Hanesworth

Date: 04/13/21 13:32
Author: funnelfan

Yes, you can run any number of DC locos in the consist that the power source can handle. The Digitrax system controls the DC locos by unbalancing the AC cycle to favor one side or the other which controls direction. But since it is still a AC cycle, the engines will hum, some much more loudly than others. But I am not sure if having them on the AC cycle for a prolonged time will cause damage.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 04/13/21 16:07
Author: nsscot

thanks both for the insight.

Don

Date: 04/13/21 19:24
Author: atsf121

I don’t like the hum so I don’t run DC locos often. But haven’t had any problems with multiple units when I’ve done it.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds