Home Open Account Help 392 users online

Model Railroading > Tangent 40' PS-1 combination door boxcars

Date: 04/13/21 09:48
Tangent 40' PS-1 combination door boxcars
Author: fbe

Without a doubt these are the highest quality PS-1 models on the market today. The number of stand off detail parts on the car sides, roof and underbody are unbelievable. The finest lettering is sharp and opaque and crisp. The black shadow on the NP letters are not overdone like commercial NP models have been.

Yes, Dave and Tangent have raised the bar to a whole new level.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/21 10:38 by fbe.

Date: 04/13/21 10:28
Re: Tangent 40' PS-1 combination door boxcars
Author: SPDRGWfan

Of that I have no doubt.
Speaking of NP, I'm looking forward to Nich Molo's Brainard box cars later this year as well.

Cheers,
Jim

Date: 04/14/21 00:18
Author: RRBMail

No D&RGW, no deal!

Date: 04/14/21 03:11
Author: dh1205

I'm still waiting for my order.  I have a fetish for 40' boxcars, so my wallet is going to be in trouble if they start doing a bunch of PS-1 variations.

Date: 04/14/21 04:08

RRBaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No D&RGW, no deal!

You do know the D&RGW was a bridge route and carried mostly offline freight cars.  If realism is your aim, then you need lots of era correct foreign freight cars.  Lots.

But hey, nobody said your model RR had to be be like the real thing.  Some are into fantasy as well.

Date: 04/14/21 11:00
Author: RRBMail

Yes, I know that the D&RGW also ran some cars it didn't own. But, since I have 2 of every D&RGW freight car ever issued, there's no room left for off-line cars off also ran pikes. I also run only "DCC-Ready" locos, without sound and smoke units. When I get tired of running a train in one direction, I run it in reverse. When I get tired of that, I put the train in the "hole" and run a different train, etc. Yep. "Model Railroading is Fun!" PS: And, all my freight trains have cabooses! :)

Date: 04/14/21 11:22

> Yes, I know that the D&RGW also ran some cars it didn't own.  Some, try most of the freight cars were non-D&RGW on many/most of the freight trains.  The trains that were all or most D&RGW were unit coal trains mainly. > But, since I have 2 of every D&RGW freight car ever issued, there's no room left for off-line cars off also ran pikes. You need a bigger layout!  Or sell off some of the D&RGW freight car maybe.  After I got Jim Eagers Color Guide book in the 1990's, I discovered a lot of the D&RGW freight cars I had bought were foobies and Rio Grande never owned or leased any like those models.  I sold most of them. > PS: And, all my freight trains have cabooses! :) I too prefer caboose era D&RGW and plan to run trains all with cabooses.  I've managed to build up a collection of 8 or so correct 01400 series cabooses too which adds much realism to the trains.  I'm hoping Athearn Genesis will finally get around to announcing some ICC EV cabooses so I can have some correct wide vision cupola cabooses too.  It is in their long term plans. Cheers,Jim  

Date: 04/29/21 14:19
Author: tramfan

Question about the Milwaukee Rd. boxcars. Were they used for hauling lumber in the Pacific Northwest or in the Midwest (Wisconsin)?

Date: 04/29/21 16:32

The MILW Pacific extension was operating until the mid 70s so I'd guess lumber coming out of the one.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1353 seconds