Home Open Account Help 315 users online

Model Railroading > Panoramas of my Santa Fe layout.

Date: 06/09/21 07:37
Panoramas of my Santa Fe layout.
Author: santafedan

I have had some requests to show my layout. I did panoramas a while back and will use them to show case the layout.  The layout is HO and 35 by 15 feet.  There is a lower level with the mainline and 3 staging tracks that are split in half to make 6 trains.
I hope you don't mind that I put them all in one post.
Pan 1 is a general over all look.
Pan 2 has a freight station (Campbell), gas station(Woodland Scenics), a Fine Scale Minatures coal facility, lumber yard (Suydam kit) , butcher's processing (Dyna Models kit), Dary King, several Campbell kits inclufing the elevator with Pringles chip silos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/21 08:03 by santafedan.

Date: 06/09/21 07:45
Re: Panoramas of my Santa Fe layout.

Pan 3 Burnt Lake is the gate way to a major resort, think Grand Canyon.  The only way in or out is via rail.
Pan 4 is the scratch built trestle.  It is over 600 scale feet long and has over 2000 Grant line bolts showing. It was built to look as if the scenery was there first. 
Pan 5 is the first part of the town of Almost, because it is "almost" to the summit which happens in the tunnel under Burnt Lake.  A Campbell Skull Valley station is a feature here.  On the upper level is a Syydam station

Date: 06/09/21 07:59

Pan 6 the rest of Almost.  There is a Walther's coal mine there.  Almost is prospering because the coal is low in sulphur.  Note in Pan 5 the station is undergoing an addition to handle the influx of business.  Many kits and bashes here.  All of the sore fronts are detailed as are interiors.The wedding scene from an earlier post is here. 
Pan 7 Is the main "city" on the layout.  The engine terminal and crew change point is here.  The industrial section is a busy place. The bridge goes in to a caved corner.
Pan 8 is the other caved corner.  This is a junction that goes to Burnt Lake, a return loop that passes behind the Suydam Swift plant.  This represents trackage to "Denver and the Rio Grand."  It holds two trains.  The mains pass in ftont the the Swift plant.

Date: 06/09/21 08:01

Pan 9 this is the view of the return on the closed part of the layout.

I hope you liked the tour.

Santafedan

Date: 06/09/21 09:22
Author: Frisco1522

Wow, great layout.

Date: 06/09/21 10:48
Author: kurtarmbruster

Very impressive--looks like lots of fun. Thanks for the look!

Date: 06/09/21 11:52
Author: SPDRGWfan

How big is the room?  Juding by the 4' light fixtures it appears to be 14' wide but depth?

Date: 06/09/21 16:44
Author: BLKMTN

santafedan, thanks for posting these panoramas of your outstanding layout.  Unfortunately I don't have your talent but, hey, I can dream!

Date: 06/09/21 22:47
Author: bearease

The name, "Almost" is genius!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds