Home Open Account Help 287 users online

Model Railroading > S&S Hobby Products

Date: 06/09/21 08:45
S&S Hobby Products
Author: UPJeff

Does anyone know whatever happened to S&S Hobby Products?  (Walthers number 643). 

S&S Hobby Products was located in Garden Grove, California, and was founded in 1993 by Bill Sitter. S&S manufactured a line of etched brass stencils and sign kits.  The item that I was most interested in was the Santa Fe radio antennas and platforms.  

Intrerested to know what became of them and their items.

Jeff Smith
Lakewood, CA
RailMaster Hobbies

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/21 16:02 by UPJeff.

Date: 06/09/21 19:13
Re: S&S Hobby Products
Author: drdiesel

I don't believe they are in business any longer. I found a set of SD40T-2 grilles (#306) I had been looking for on eBay.  You might check there for the parts you need.

Date: 06/15/21 03:18
Re: S&S Hobby Products
Author: santafesteve

Jeff: Dave Menasco, who was 1/2 of S&S Hobby Products, died about 5 years ago now and the person he was in business with, , it was Bill Sitter,  the one who did all the manufacturing died at least 10 to 15 years ago. Bill  died before Dave quit working at Prestage Hobbies and moved to Maine to live with his daughter. I worked with both of them back in the late 90's and early 2000's when I worked at the Little Depot.  I sent a post card to S&S Hobby Products PO Box a year or 2 ago and got a reply back from Dave's daughter that he had passed away, She didn't say anything about what he or she did with the business' It would have been nice to have had someone picked up the line. Some of the items the did were really nice. The HO & N scale streets and roads, the Tunnel Motor Grill's and, AMD103/P42 grill's the road painting stencils, we have one at the club, and the Santa Fe PA Antenna platforms and I'm sure I'm forgetting somthing.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/21 12:27 by santafesteve.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0277 seconds