Home Open Account Help 302 users online

Model Railroading > Join Frank Angstead of InterMountain Railway at Midwest Model RR

Date: 09/14/21 09:20
Join Frank Angstead of InterMountain Railway at Midwest Model RR
Author: Intermountain

Join Mr. Frank Angstead of InterMountain Railway at Midwest Model Railroad Sept. 18, 2021!

Frank Angstead, longtime president of InterMountain Railway Company, will be coming to spend the day at Midwest Model Railroad on September 18.   Frank is going to talk about the full production process and be available to answer any questions you might have about the company and the industry in general.  Come say hi to Frank and pick up your $10 off any InterMountain Rolling Stock or Locomotive coupon.  Also, stick around for the clinic at 5:15 and there will be a special shopping hour post clinic with 10% of all InterMountain products!

Midwest Model Railroad is located at 17331 East US 40 Highway, Suite 107 in Independence, Missouri.  Visit their website at midwestmodelrr.com.

Date: 09/14/21 09:41
Re: Join Frank Angstead of InterMountain Railway at Midwest Model
Author: CaliforniaSteamin

I would not travel if I were his age, especially with this delta variant.  I hope he is safe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/21 09:42 by CaliforniaSteamin.

Date: 09/14/21 15:21
Author: gandydancer4

I thought this was "Trainorders" website not the CDC.   ×   

Date: 09/14/21 15:49
Author: railstiesballast

If anyone in attendance can ask him: "is there a forecast on delivery of the HO SP Cab Forwards?" I would  love to  hear his answer.
If they are not going to be done I'll start shopping for a used one.
I know the old ones are slow but they are fast enough for my mountain territory.
Have a great meet.

Date: 09/14/21 16:26
Author: needles_sub

gandydancer4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought this was "Trainorders" website not the
> CDC.   ×   

Maybe he is concerned for the well being of his fellow man.
Perhaps you should do more thinking before writing something like this.
It is just toy trains after all.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/14/21 16:58
Author: CaliforniaSteamin

I was told they are several years from happening at the last show I attended in 2019.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/14/21 18:28
Author: WrongWayMurphy

railstiesballast Wrote:
> If anyone in attendance can ask him: "is there a
> forecast on delivery of the HO SP Cab Forwards?" I
> would  love to  hear his answer.
> If they are not going to be done I'll start
> shopping for a used one.
> I know the old ones are slow but they are fast
> enough for my mountain territory.
> Have a great meet.

They were not just slow but pitiful performance, would pull but a few cars up the easiest gradients.

At lease that's the advice from my local pusher.  When I expressed interest in one he told me not to waste my money.

Date: 09/14/21 18:57
IM Cab Forward Performance
Author: rcfarewell

Wow,
I'm surprised that some folks think that IM's Cab Forwards are poor performers. On my basement layout I have a suite of them, including a remotored / re-geared early arrival, and they will yank a rather long string of re-wheeled Athearn PFE reefers up my
2.2-percent grade on a condensation of SP's Donner Summit mainline. Here's the spec's: 36-inch and 34-inch mainline curve radius, code 100 rail (hey, I'm old school), and 2.2-percent max grade, which additionally, is on continuous curvature.

I keep them maintained lube-wise and keep wheels cleaned and they seem to perform well, at least for me. I have heard of side rod screws coming loose on the part of others but have never had any issues like that.

Rich Farewell 

Date: 09/15/21 05:31
Re: IM Cab Forward Performance
Author: SPDRGWfan

rcfarewell Wrote:
> Wow,
> I'm surprised that some folks think that IM's Cab
> Forwards are poor performers. On my basement
> layout I have a suite of them, including a
> remotored / re-geared early arrival, and they will
> yank a rather long string of re-wheeled Athearn
> PFE reefers up my
> 2.2-percent grade on a condensation of SP's Donner
> Summit mainline. Here's the spec's: 36-inch and
> 34-inch mainline curve radius, code 100 rail (hey,
> I'm old school), and 2.2-percent max grade, which
> additionally, is on continuous curvature.
>
> I keep them maintained lube-wise and keep wheels
> cleaned and they seem to perform well, at least
> for me. I have heard of side rod screws coming
> loose on the part of others but have never had any
> issues like that.
>
> Rich Farewell 

It depended on the run.  I recall there were 3 runs in the past; the first run was poor performing.  The 2nd run had improvements but also needed replacement motors IIRC.  The 3rd run seemed to get it right and ran well.  The first two runs used Tsunami sound and the 3rd run Loksound.

Cheers,
Jim

Date: 09/15/21 10:26
Author: ChrisCampi

"It depended on the run.  I recall there were 3 runs in the past; the first run was poor performing.  The 2nd run had improvements but also needed replacement motors IIRC.  The 3rd run seemed to get it right and ran well.  The first two runs used Tsunami sound and the 3rd run Loksound. 

Cheers, 
Jim"

I had a first run and had to send it back for rebuilding. New gears and motor. I also chose to have the ESU decoder installed. I wish I'd stuck with the Tsunami as I feel it sounded better. It runs great now. I would have no problems getting another new or used third run locomotive.

Date: 09/15/21 16:29
Author: sixaxlecentury

I have one of the newest run one's with ESU, and it is one of the worst performing steam engines I have ever seen.   Very disappointed with its power.  

Date: 09/15/21 18:58
Author: PHall

sixaxlecentury Wrote:
> I have one of the newest run one's with ESU, and
> it is one of the worst performing steam engines I
> have ever seen.   Very disappointed with its
> power.  

You seem to have the worst luck with your locomotive purchases. You seem to have nothing but problems.

Date: 09/16/21 10:25
Author: Train29

I think we are all adults here and can make our own decisions as to weather or not to travel. Kudos to the presenter for getting out and living his life. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0554 seconds