Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Model Railroading > Handrail sets

Date: 10/07/21 16:52
Handrail sets
Author: Txtrainman60

Does anyone know WHY it seems almost impossible to find replacement handrail sets for Ho scale Atlas or Athearn genesis GP7s? I've found sets for just about everything BUT a GP7 and of coasre both Atlas and Athearn websites are useless!

Date: 10/08/21 08:10
Re: Handrail sets
Author: DocJohn

You can likely find what you need by putting "smokey valley handrails" in youir favorite search engine.  I got a set for my favorite locomotive (Athearn ALCO RS-3 with NWSL powered trucks and Soundrtraxx decoder), but I still have not figured out how to get them mounted without making a mess.

John

Date: 10/08/21 10:57
Author: binder001

Oddly enough, I ordered two sets of Genesis GP7 handrails from Athearn about a year ago.  Great service and nice people.

Gary B.
Waverly, NE

Date: 10/08/21 14:47
Author: SP4360

I needed a set of Atlas RS32 handrail sets,out of production and not found on their website. Contacted them on their site, got a reply in a day with an invoice and a week later had them in my hand. Your best bet would to do the same thing and not rely on website parts lists.

Txtrainman60 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know WHY it seems almost impossible to
> find replacement handrail sets for Ho scale Atlas
> or Athearn genesis GP7s? I've found sets for just
> about everything BUT a GP7 and of coasre both
> Atlas and Athearn websites are useless!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/21 14:47 by SP4360.

Date: 10/15/21 10:14
Author: ATSFSuperCap

You can buy Athearn parts not listed on the website if you have the part number off of the model diagram sheet.    Of course some items may still not be available.    If an email does not work then call them and ask.    As for the GP's;    The Atlas GP7 has the early pipe style handrails, there are one or two sellers on Feebay that regularly have these.    Good luck trying to search them since it can no longer be done by scale.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0344 seconds