Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Model Railroading > Walthers Bicentennial Steam Generator Car

Date: 10/14/21 09:46
Walthers Bicentennial Steam Generator Car
Author: SimpleMoMike

Just received my Walthers Santa Fe #133 - Bicentennial Steam Generator Car. Looks good behind my Athearn Genesis SD45.
I am not a rivet counter so I can not address any issues with this car; but I am very happy that unique cars like this are being produced.
Happy Modeling!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/14/21 11:03
Re: Walthers Bicentennial Steam Generator Car
Author: PasadenaSub

Sharp looking with the bicentennial SD45-2!  Could also be used with an Atlas Seaboard Coast Line Bicentennial U36B that toured the country with the steam generator car and another passenger car from Richmond, CA to Richmond, VA in 1972 as the 'Spirit of 76' train.  It ran on Santa Fe rails at the start of the journey.

Rich

Date: 10/14/21 11:24
Author: SimpleMoMike

Thanks for the info Rich, I will put that Atlas engine on my wish list to buy.

Date: 10/14/21 18:36
Author: RRBMail

Are there any rivet counters out there who would care to compare the Walthers model to the brass model made by I think Coach Yard? Sure, there are likely differences but I'd like to know of any BIG differences or errors between the two. I have an opportunity to by the factory-painted brass version at a good price, but for much more than the Walthers model. If there are only minor differences then I'll go for the plastic model.  

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/21 18:37 by RRBMail.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0414 seconds