Home Open Account Help 402 users online

Model Railroading > Turning on more lights (for Night Ops) at the California Southern

Date: 10/19/21 01:34
Turning on more lights (for Night Ops) at the California Southern
Author: MrMRL

A combination of older Walthers Cornerstone/Scenemaster Wall Mounted incandescent lights (for the fire escapes), and Viessmann Modern LED Wall Mount Floodlights (over the tank cars) now highlight one of the industry spots for the HO scale club's massive three sided bakery scene.

~ Mr. MRL

Date: 10/19/21 01:47
Re: Turning on more lights (for Night Ops) at the California Sout

Also (finally) finished installing a little strip of roof and some corresponding Walthers roof details along the adjacent wall...

(before final installation / after installation with the layout lights still on)

~ Mr. MRL

Date: 10/19/21 04:57
Author: SPDRGWfan

The lights make for nice night scene photos.  Do you run night time operations?

Date: 10/19/21 08:19

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The lights make for nice night scene photos.  Do
> you run night time operations?

Nothing serious or official that I know of (yet), but there are some club members that enjoy running in the dark.

Years ago when the club's first DC layout was in operation (1985-1995) there was a row of special dark blue fluorescent lights along the ceiling that could be turned on to mimic twilight or nighttime operations. those lights were removed before I joined the club in 2001.

~ Mr. MRL

Date: 10/19/21 09:40
Author: Bucyrus-Erie

Great modeling all around. But, I really like the lights ... realistic scene. Cool!

Jim Lee
Lake Hopatcong NJ

Date: 10/19/21 22:04
Author: oyw

Very nice, you have a great talent.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0455 seconds